PDA

View Full Version : few2 pictures of in takes from different yrs

mannysc
10-20-2005, 05:07 PM
first is the 92 no egr debate XR7 Dave says they have egr well here is my proof they dont and a weird factory block off from a late 91 has ford #s on plate also a look at stock vs 70mm tb unit,oo0ps turbos not part of the plan sorry but they look nice

Micahdogg
10-20-2005, 05:24 PM
(1) THAT IS WIERD

(2) You chopped up Doug's car man?!?!

Micah

Kurt K
10-20-2005, 06:04 PM
first is the 92 no egr debate XR7 Dave says they have egr well here is my proof they dont and a weird factory block off from a late 91 has ford #s on plate also a look at stock vs 70mm tb unit,oo0ps turbos not part of the plan sorry but they look nice
Not to steal your thunder Manny, but I mentioned the no egr thing years ago. The inlet that came off my 92 looks exactly like yours--no means to ever connect and EGR tube. And yes, there were non-believers then.

This was also why I had to fabricate my own EGR block-off plate when I installed my MP inlet plenum.

CaifanSC
10-20-2005, 06:52 PM
I also noticed that a few months ago. I had like 5 blowers, and most came from EGR cars. when I started selling them off I saw that one came with the the factory block off plate...so i kept that plenum....then i saw the one without the EGR bung altogether....so im keeping that too. Im down to two blowers now...been selling them off, but im keeping one of each 'different' plenum.

Manny, what the heck is that HUMOGO turbo from? Truck? Looks hawt!

gldiii
10-20-2005, 07:19 PM
Manny, I'll assume (alway dangerous) that you are referring to this post:

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56370&highlight=egr+years

Dave was just saying there is no NON-EGR EEC that can swap in an 89, because the 5-speed EECs that don't have EGR will not fit the pinouts of the early cars.

I never knew there was an EGR controversy. The post above gives the generally accepted years/trannies/EGR combos. There may be some very early or very late models that have something different, but they would need the correct EEC to work with or without the EGR.

mannysc
10-20-2005, 08:09 PM
Manny, I'll assume (alway dangerous) that you are referring to this post:

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56370&highlight=egr+years

Dave was just saying there is no NON-EGR EEC that can swap in an 89, because the 5-speed EECs that don't have EGR will not fit the pinouts of the early cars.

I never knew there was an EGR controversy. The post above gives the generally accepted years/trannies/EGR combos. There may be some very early or very late models that have something different, but they would need the correct EEC to work with or without the EGR.
ok I stand corrected sorry I should read the post all the way thru maybe a case of selective eyesight.

mannysc
10-20-2005, 09:20 PM
(1) THAT IS WIERD

(2) You chopped up Doug's car man?!?!

Micah
he he he thats my :eek: future bird batbird batmanny na na na na na ...na...nana batman ny.

sorry but my sister inlaws brother owns a batmobil so it was only a matter of time till i did this he has offered top trade it to me for my sc and my 71 demon

Blown 91 Bird
10-21-2005, 02:30 PM
does the tag on the black car in the turbo's pic say NO WEED :confused:

90coug
10-21-2005, 03:30 PM
Hey manny, did you photochop that picture of the SC/Batmobile? :)