Napa IAC

89KevSC

Hello,
Is the Napa IAC the correct IAC. It is longer and looks nothing like the old one. I got it to fit but it is rubbing the SC. Inside the box there is a piece of paper insert that says Product may look different from OEM. Ford says the disco'ed that part. Still idling at 1.5 and bucked going into boost. Any suggestons?

89KevSC said:
Hello,
Is the Napa IAC the correct IAC. It is longer and looks nothing like the old one. I got it to fit but it is rubbing the SC. Inside the box there is a piece of paper insert that says Product may look different from OEM. Ford says the disco'ed that part. Still idling at 1.5 and bucked going into boost. Any suggestons?

I got my IAC valve from oreileys, the part number is:21763. Its a borg warner brand. And it looks like the original. Im not sure, but maybe they actaully made them for ford or maybe ford got them from borg warner, but on mine, where the factory part number is, its been scratched out on my new one, and where it says Ford on my original one, its also been scratched out on my new one. Not real sure, but it sure sounds like it was either made by ford and then sold to borg warner or vise versa.

Derek

Thanks D

Part no on the box of this one is 2-1941. Do you have an address or telephone no for Orielys. No Store in Columbus Ohio. Thanks again.

89KevSC said:
Part no on the box of this one is 2-1941. Do you have an address or telephone no for Orielys. No Store in Columbus Ohio. Thanks again.

Thats crazy, the part number on my box is 21763, thats really really weird. Does your have the little numbers and stuff scratched out too????

90XR7Cougar5spd said:
Thats crazy, the part number on my box is 21763, thats really really weird. Does your have the little numbers and stuff scratched out too????

Wait a min, im an idiot, i read ur post wrong. The oreileys i went to was in coffeyville kansas, i dont have the number and addresse and what not, but their website is like oreileyparts.com or something of that sort............ If you wanted to, i could see if they could get ahold of one and then u could send me the money and i could buy it and send it to ya. That is, if you cant get ahold of the right one

Derek

I got my IAC from a local place called Merles. I think they are called Parts Plus elsewhere. It was 69.99, and was an exact match for the OEM part. It was an actually a ford part, but it had the ford logo and part numbers scratched out.

Back