Somthing funny but not

91ScDrIvEr

Ok the guy who sold me the car lied threw his teeth about my car by far its not any thing like he said! now after looking into the heater cor i come to relize there is no thermostat in the car.....Now why do you suppose its out. Any real mechanic will tell you to take the pressure off the water ports on the head gaskets or to lazy to go buy one, but come on a few dollors. NO i dont think so. Car drives mint tho and stays cool but you know when you take the thermostat out, your motor is running much hotter then it says. so im probally doing the gaskets this coming week end or def. next week end. At the same time im doing the heater core, makes sence right? but not the headers right now running low of money. so let me know what you guys think the reason there is no thermostat....... o ....and there is gooble (gasket sealer on the sc riser why would this be.....Rebuilt? NNNNAAAAAAA probally or rigged up. But i have to admit the car drives liek a dream was thinking on selling but i fell in love. i was offered $2500 as is and i payed $1500 i turned him down and laphed.

Pressure check

I would pressure check the cooling system to see if there are any leaks.
Also, if the cooling system is not properly purged of air, it will run hot.
Maybe why the T-stat was pulled.
If you live in a warmer climate I would put a 180 T-stat in and see how it drives.
As for the sealer on the sc riser, do you mean between the top and the sc itself? Could have been just a reseal job.
They will begin to leak over time since there is no gasket between the parts.
Only sealer.
Glad to hear you got a great deal on your Super Coupe.
I always enjoy driving mine as well.
Bill

I wouldnt panic so soon. There are some people who believe your car will run colder without a thermostat. This is often true, and sometimes it can run too cold. Having a Tstat has nothing to do with how accurate your temp guage is. The factory guages are not very accurate, but as long as its dipped in the coolant and the system is free of air, its going to read whatever temp your coolant is at. And once these cars warm up the Tstat is pretty much wide open anyway, so I dont see how not having one would relieve any pressure.
I would throw a 180 Tstat on it and just keep an eye on oil and coolant. If its running great with no white steam and these fluids arent mixing, you should be good to go.

Back