Need Help CEL on

Paulio91184

Hi guys, i just got done with the rebuild on my engine, i runs great, drives great, Vaccum is at 19 inches but when i get into boost, it goes to 13psi (normal) then 5-0-and studders a little bit, anybody have a similar problem, i also, the check engine light won't go off, how do I make the CEL blink the code?

Last edited:
I find this odd you have a 5% pulley and only pulling 13 pounds of boost ...with what looks like stock exhaust ..going by your sig....have good vac@ idle..but not boost ....so guessing a boost/vac leak ....somewhere between supercharger and manifold ....dave

http://www.35ththunderbirdregistry.org/Tips/EECSelfTest.htm
you can unplug battery for a few seconds...and that will reset the CE lite ..but with such low boost with a 5% pulley ..have the feeling you may have popped the front pulley seal ...and boost is blowing through the seals on the rotors shaft....of the supercharger......check oil level in supercharger and pulley/hood for signs of a oil /leak ...if all is good supercharger is full of oil and no signs of leaks .then reseal top,collarnut/intercooler and plenum to manifold ....dave

Back