Need a little Advice

wildman_302

OK here's the situation, hope you guys don't get offended by the swap,
i happen to get a hold of a 1993 thunderbird sc engine and trans complete with wiring harness and computer. I sat on this for 6 months and now have found a 1993 Mustang LX (ex 4 cylinder car). Well i got the engine and tranny in with minor problems (usual fitment things) , and got all the wiring done according to the schemetics. Well the problem is when you turn on the key the fuel pump runs all the time, and when you try to start it, it will not start. Well i checked and i have spark, all the sensors have their power and return, but the injectors are not firing. you can manually ground them and they will work, and the car will fire up and run untill the gas in the cylinder is burnt out. Now my question is, can i use a computer out of a 94, 95 mustang in this, and thne run something like a msd btm?.. also the motor is completly stock and i would really likr to make it nasty, what is the best proven things to do to get the horsepower up. This will be a daily playtoy when finished, the car is an auto, and i have put an 8.8 posi rear with 3.73 gears in it. Thanks in advanced for all advice and help

You have to use the computer out of the same year motor you have. You should really put a Walbro 255 fuel pump in.

The good HP adders are obviously intake, exhaust and pulley. The good power adders are get a supercharger off of a 94/95 SC and have it ported and get a Magnum Powers II inlet plenum. Or if you have the money just buy an Autorotor or a MagnaPort III.

Good Luck!! :)

Back