PDA

View Full Version : need some help

redtbirdsc
10-21-2005, 03:55 PM
Anyone know where I can get a peice of 3" alum tubing bent?? It has a 45* bend but i need about 5* more to finish up my fmic setup.
I tried an exhaust shop and it started to crush the pipe.
I looked all over this area for someone with a mandral(SP?) bender and so far no luck at all.
Any idea's how to get that mush more of a bend or know of someone around eastern PA that can do it?
If I have to I will ship it to someone that can do it

Thanks
Chris

JNT
10-25-2005, 12:16 AM
Anyone know where I can get a peice of 3" alum tubing bent?? It has a 45* bend but i need about 5* more to finish up my fmic setup.
I tried an exhaust shop and it started to crush the pipe.
I looked all over this area for someone with a mandral(SP?) bender and so far no luck at all.
Any idea's how to get that mush more of a bend or know of someone around eastern PA that can do it?
If I have to I will ship it to someone that can do it

Thanks
Chris

I would think any shop that does custom exhaust work would be able to mandral bend a pipe.

Joe

redtbirdsc
10-25-2005, 05:32 PM
I would think any shop that does custom exhaust work would be able to mandral bend a pipe.

Joe
I went to all the exhaust shops around here and none have a mandral bender.
I also had one of the places try it on a normal exhuast bender and it started to crush the pipe :( .

JNT
10-25-2005, 06:41 PM
I went to all the exhaust shops around here and none have a mandral bender.
I also had one of the places try it on a normal exhuast bender and it started to crush the pipe :( .

Yeah but was it a performance/custom exhaust shop or just a regular exhaust shop? Do you have a speed shop in the area?

Joe

redtbirdsc
10-27-2005, 07:02 PM
there is one here in town but they dont even have a bender,they send all their stuff out but that guy cant go 3".
I may have found a place though, gotta check with them in the a.m.,they do mostly turbo work but should be able to bend it.