Self Test done, now what????

Paulio91184

hi guys i did the self test and pulled codes, they are........

21 - (Car was on)Cooling temperature sensor out of specified range or ECT out of range

31 - (car was off and on, it came up both times) EGR valve position sensor below minimum voltage

67 - ( Car was off) Neutral Drive Switch fault, switch circuit open / Air conditioner on during self-test ( I disconnected my a/c so i know about that one)

74 - ( Car was on) Brake On/Off (BOO) switch fault

77 - ( Car was on) Wide Open Throttle not sensed during Dynamic Response Test

I don't know much about these, but i can fix them if someone tells me how, so can someone please help me, thanks alot guys

Paul

Paul,

Was the car warmed up (fully) before doing the self test? That could be code 21. I don't remember the temp, but the ECC expects a certain temp range while doing the self test. If it's outside of that, it throws a code assuming the ECT sensor is bad.

Code 74 and 77 point to you not stepping on the brake and not "goosing" the throttle during the self test.

That leaves 31 as a "real" code. Hopefully someone with more EGR experience will chime in.

Vince

Check the EGR PFE sensor, square back box behind the supercharger. There is a gray silicon hose that connects from the sensor to the egr tube. make sure the hose isn't cracked and is connected. That sensor could also be bad.
I have never had trouble with that code 31, but I think the other EGR codes are for the EGR valve and solenoid.

Back