New IDEA: Largest Wheel / Tire Forum

68COUGAR

New IDEA: Largest Wheel / Tire Forum

My idea is to create a data base of what "wheel specs" & "tires sizes" will fit under SC's. Lets start with the OEM tires.

Example: 225/60/16's on 7.5" rims, with 4.75" backspacing.

With the Great proliferation of wheel sizes & tire sizes, I think this is a worthwhile effort.

I'd like to organize this info, into a chart that can be viewd by everybody.

Do you guys this this is a worth while project?

68COUGAR

Re: New IDEA: Largest Wheel / Tire Forum

im with 68Cougar that is a good idea
I'm running a 245/50/16 on a stock rim

and white90sc what is your ponit so what if you can go to the miata page what you gone do print the picture and see if it fits under your car that site is only good to check how much difrence is between the stock any any other size tire
i would say stop posting CRAP and get a live or post something that makes sence

a lot of us are running diffrent sizr tires and rims on our SC and this topic does come up ovten

Marcin

umm i guess i should of said this to a little smarter person but hey i do work at a Tire place so sorry>>

(i would say stop posting CRAP and get a live or post something that makes sence)

smart arent you!!
:LOL

I think that it would be great to have our OWN link to go to, rather than some weakazz miata site...Good idea Cougar68...

BTW white90sc...IMOP you do have somewhat of an attitude in your replies to questions/inquiries...Pretty much I think that the rest of the group here is looking for posative feedback rather than derogatory, negative smartazz replies to inocent individuals questions, comments, and suggestions trying to make this SC BBS a better place for us SCr's to come to and use. "Just because nobody understands you...Does not make you an Artist"

Cheers

Miata Link

The Miata Tire calculator is useful, but that's not what I was talking about at all. I was thinking about something like an excel spread sheet. Then people would enter data into a form (Cross section Width, Aspect Ratio, Rim Diameter, Tire Manufacturer, Tire Model, Rim manufacturer, Rim Name, Backspacing). about wheel tire combs that they have actually used on an SC/XR-7. When the form is completed, the data would be transferred to a spread sheet which could be viewed OL.

For example, if you wanted to put 20" rims on your SC, would you know what backspacing & tire size will fit? With the chart, all you'd have to do, is look up the rim size & you could see if anybody else has done that size wheel/tire.

68COUGAR

Re: Miata Link

(without biting anyones head off)

I think this is a great idea. Could you also add a variable for lowering springs and amount of drop in your excel sheet? And, also maybe if the person changed their whole bolt pattern (IE hub change out, [5 lug x 4.5"] etc.)
I just think the more info on the chart the better it will be. Great idea though man! peace out.

Excellent Ideas!

I'm stilll trying to get ideas on what information should be included.

Thanks for your input!

68COUGAR

Those rims are expensive....

They better reduce unsprung wieght significantly over stockers if you're gonna pay those prices... $350 per rim is on the high side.

Back