Your shifter should not be in pieces...

JimmyDean

Last night, my shifter broke. Going from the 1-2 shift it just flopped. I was able to get it into 2nd, and limped er home. Decided to rebuild my shifter today. Parts were ~25, I wasnt able to get the shims because the ford guy wanted $4 PER shim, instead for the bag of 4 like he should have. Took the old shifter out, and everything came out in pieces. Put new parts back in... MAN! I never knew the stock could feel so tight. Much better. I also fixed my interior light short. Under the console, for the power for that little light in the compartment, some numbskull hooked it up wrong so that the 12v shorted directly to ground. All fixed.

Also, last night, I ran into a late 90s Grand am GT. When he got on it, the blower whine was incredible. It sounded like a KB cobra. It had to have been a twin screw. That thing was in the 12s for sure, took off like a rocket.

JimmyDean said:
Last night, my shifter broke. Going from the 1-2 shift it just flopped. I was able to get it into 2nd, and limped er home. Decided to rebuild my shifter today. Parts were ~25, I wasnt able to get the shims because the ford guy wanted $4 PER shim, instead for the bag of 4 like he should have. Took the old shifter out, and everything came out in pieces. Put new parts back in... MAN! I never knew the stock could feel so tight. Much better. I also fixed my interior light short. Under the console, for the power for that little light in the compartment, some numbskull hooked it up wrong so that the 12v shorted directly to ground. All fixed.

Don't things like that just make you all happy inside? Ah the simple things. lol

why not get a B-M RIPPER SHIFTER... i mean it cost alot but it has no wearable parts... plus you get a kool sticker... i got cuz of the sticker.... :p but its a great shifter... ihavent tried the stock one yet....

Back