Did m90 swap on to my stang and went to dyno :)

steadfaststang

The only mods I have is dual exhaust (03 GT Exhaust) and an airfilter, I am also using my Mustang MAF.

Went to the dyno today and made 3 runs.
First run I made was like 30 minutes after I got there, after driving for like an hour. First run I made 187rwhp and 284rwtq. The second run was right after making the first run and it made 162rwhp and 264rwtq. Looks like the motor gets very very hot after making a run. engine temp was at 250*F after it was shut down. The intercooler was heatsoaked and so was the engine. We then let it cool down for about 45-50 minutes and when we made another run the temps on startup was 164*F and at the end of the run it was 195ish.

The dynoshop also has a huge fan to blow air over the radiator but the way our bumper is designed it just sucks for airflow. on the last run I was pleased when I saw it hit 318 torque (looks like 320 on the graph). And 196.7rwhp. I am sure if I had a clean filter, also a bigger filter, it would of went over 200.

Alright here is the dyno graph and a/f graph.

Nice! Yes, heat does affect the M90 a lot. With power dropping off so early, you definitely have a bottleneck somewhere. Most stock SC's make peak HP at 4500-4600rpm. Has the car been tuned? What EEC are you using?

nickleman60 said:
how does it run?being a much lighter car it should be a rocket.

It runs great. And it is a rocket on the street and at the track. Before the swap I ran a 10.9 @ 62mph in the 1/8th after the blower I ran a 9.3 @ 75mph :D

XR7 Dave said:
Nice! Yes, heat does affect the M90 a lot. With power dropping off so early, you definitely have a bottleneck somewhere. Most stock SC's make peak HP at 4500-4600rpm. Has the car been tuned? What EEC are you using?

It was tuned by Justin00v6, he owns velocitymustangperformance and has a 10 second twin turboed v6 mustang. He is tuning it from the data that I datalog. Then he just e-mails me a tune and I flash the computer. Now that I have wideband data he will hopefully be able to make it better. I am using the Mustang EEC. Would my cam have an effect on why my powerband is different?

Dave how does my A/F look to you?
Also how much is it for the autorotor kit :D

The AF is lean on the dyno, but at your WB02 up by the motor it might be ok. Sounds like you have a good tune, but you need to find out why you are running out of power at 3500rpm. I generally tune for 11.8 AF across the board.

Are you losing boost at high rpm?

The AR kit would do wonders for that combination. ;)

steadfaststang said:
Would my cam have an effect on why my powerband is different?

Yes camshaft plays a role in your powerband, but in this case it's not the cam. You have something artificially limiting power in the upper rpm ranges.

If he is using the stock SC IC set up in the mustang it does not have the ducting or short rad-condesor for the intercooler. I don't understand why its running so hot if the fan temps are seat right and you arn't running a FMIC.

Back