Problems with 89 SC - Hard brakes, no heater, no turn signals???

gerber1125

Hello, i recently picked up an 89 SC 5-spd from a family member
I've driven the car plenty of times before and nothing was really wrong with it, it sat for a while before i picked it up (the brake light was always one, but i think cause the E-brake was sticky)
anyways, as i was driving home I noticed a few things didn't work

1. Brakes were hard as hell to push in (Brake and Antilock lights were on)
2. Heater blower didn't work
3. Turn signals didn't work

Is there a fuse or vacuum source that controls all of these or something common that I can try replacing?? I've been ready up and was guessing it may be a relay or the ignition switch or something, but i really don't know where to start. I am new to the SC scene and want to get this on the road.

ANY HELP??

thanks, Justin

thanks guys, that is what i thought it was
i already took it to a buddies shop, he should have all the proper tools to do the job right

what are torx security bits though? are they something related to take out the switch like special screw bits or the actual security system of the car? would your general repair garage have these or do they need to be ordered from somehwerE?

gerber1125 said:
thanks guys, that is what i thought it was
i already took it to a buddies shop, he should have all the proper tools to do the job right

what are torx security bits though? are they something related to take out the switch like special screw bits or the actual security system of the car? would your general repair garage have these or do they need to be ordered from somehwerE?

Torx bits with a post hole in the middle, shops have them. I was going to say I had same problem & found "claws" that mate the ignition switch were bending out loose. I used 2 ZIP-TIES no problems, just make them tight!

gerber1125 said:
thanks guys
got it fixed
it was the ignitions switch and the ABS fuse or some brake fuse
Justin

Whenever I hit the brakes, the brake light flashes, followed by the ABS light, then they turn off. Was this the problem you were having? I'd really like to fix it.

Also, where was the fuse located?

also im haveing a similar problem. When i brake hard the abs and brake light come on. when i brake gradual nothing comes on and they work fine. When i brake hard the car pulls to the left. I have changed the pads and rotors frount and rear, no help there. I tryed to bleed the brakes but i can't get any good fluid to come out of the pass side it just runs out of the bleeder. Any idea? also the porpotiong vavle the is located on the driver side botom the sensor housing is rusted threw and broke could this be the cause?

Back