Pre-bled slave cylinders?

CMac89

I was wondering if slave cylinders come pre-bled. I have one thats from dynatek or something........It was $85 at autozone.

Uh.....

No.

But, you might try putting some fluid in it and capping it off till you hook up the line that way it helps make the bleeding process just a little less painful.

I had a Fiero about 8 years ago and had to get a slave cylinder for it and it was not prebled.

What exactly do mean by "pre-bled" anyways?

You can bleed it on the bench. The fitting is a type that prevents air from entering when you hook the line to it. You can do the same with the clutch master cylinder.

WTF? :confused:

So its similar to the fittings that are used on the heavy military vehicles? Disconnect it and it doesn't leak?

Hock said:
WTF? :confused:

So its similar to the fittings that are used on the heavy military vehicles? Disconnect it and it doesn't leak?
Yeah, it's a quick disconnect with a valve in it to prevent the fluid from exiting.

Fiero isn't an F-body.

I know a Fiero isn't a F-body. It was GM parts bin car. Firebird headlights, Chevette front suspension, Citation Rear Suspesion, Ect.

There is generally no need to bleed the slave cylinder. It will bleed itself. Just press the pedal to the floor and hold it down a few times.

Did i hear something about a fiero? I used to have one of those... thought about putting a supercharged 3800 in it, and found a supercoupe that was cheaper... little did i know it would still need just about as much work.

Back