clutch slave cylinder disconnect

Ty Whutaker

Ok. i read in this forum that when removing the clutch cable from the bellhousing, you simply slide the plastic sleeve inward. This allows the cable to be disconnected. My question is in the details. I will use colors due to lack of picture, so allow my ignorance on part names.
The cable is black plastic, it connects to an aluminum red barrel which seems to be the inner-most part of the assembly. The white plastic sleeve is between the red part and what appears to be an alluminum outside casing.
I was able to slide the white plastic sleeve inward until it was almost flush with the outside casing. It was hard to reach the backside of the cable, but it is slide in almost even all the way around. The cable, however would not budge.
My question - is this right, and does the whole assembly come off or does the red part slide out of the rest of the assembly?
Thanks for the help....

See this thread. I posted pictures of the line disconnected so you can see what you have to do.

Once you have the sleeve pushed all the way in, you'll have to wiggle majiggle the line out as there will still be some pressure on it. Spraying it down with some penetrating fluid or silicone spray can help. You can grab the top part of the anodized fitting to pull on, but don't pull on the line with a pliars. You'll crush it.

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62258&highlight=clutch

I see

I can see how it is supposed to work now.
looks like i want to press inward on the red barrel while applying inward pressure on the white ring. the fact that the ring is a bit crooked might just be allowing an internal spring finger from letting loose.
thanks for the quick help......

Back