I hate my car

90XR7Cougar5spd

I went through tonight and got the cam sensor where it was supposed to go (i think) and i was putting it back together and was fixing to put the plug wires on. Then all of a sudden i hear a sound kinda like boiling water and i see ~~~~ loads of smoke coming outta the coil pack. If i didnt have so much damn money tied into this car, it would be sold..............

Derek

90XR7Cougar5spd said:
I went through tonight and got the cam sensor where it was supposed to go (i think) and i was putting it back together and was fixing to put the plug wires on. Then all of a sudden i hear a sound kinda like boiling water and i see ~~~~ loads of smoke coming outta the coil pack. If i didnt have so much damn money tied into this car, it would be sold..............

Derek

Derek I am telling you right now your car is telling you to turn it into a race car :p :D

Shane

quick35th said:
Derek I am telling you right now your car is telling you to turn it into a race car :p :D

Shane

Should have known you woulds say something like that :rolleyes: :p . Actaully, im pretty sure its telling me it hates me and dosent want me to drive it, sounds just like a woman............

Derek

90XR7Cougar5spd said:
Should have known you woulds say something like that :rolleyes: :p . Actaully, im pretty sure its telling me it hates me and dosent want me to drive it, sounds just like a woman............

Derek

So Derek what grounded out on your motor to cause your coil pack to die? Do you not have your alternator in the car?

Shane

quick35th said:
So Derek what grounded out on your motor to cause your coil pack to die? Do you not have your alternator in the car?

Shane

I have no idea, i took the blower off to reposistion the cam sensor right, got it set right (i think) and went to put it all together, had everything put on with the exception of the blower belt then next thing i know, i hear a loud sizzling sound and a LOT and i mean ALOT of smoke. I hurried up and unhooked the battery cable and it stopped, then later i found out, i forgot to turn the ignition switch off. Hope it didnt fry anything else..........

Derek

PS i added a few pics of the coil pack. It basically puked it guts out. Oh and one more thing, it still stinks around me car.

Attachments

• coil pack1.jpg
    coil pack1.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 72
  • coil pack2.jpg
    coil pack2.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 70
Back