Mp II @ 20%

68COUGAR

Mp Ii @ 20%

Who has run an MP II @ +20% OD?

Uncle Dave?

I have all the supporting Go-Fast-Goodies, except heads. What will the MP II do at +20%? What can I expect?

Curious 68COUGAR

Last edited:
68COUGAR said:
Who has run an MP II @ +20% OD?

Uncle Dave?

I have all the supporting Go-Fast-Goodies, except heads. What will the MP II do at +20%? What can I expect?

Curious 68COUGAR
Talk to Greg Colman from Ontario Board, he is overdriving his blower 24%.

Mark,

I've ran my MPII as high as 24%, but it didn't make anymore HP than running it at 20% so that's where I usually kept it.

David

I'm not sure I follow these OD percentages. According to the chart ESM posted for the 10 rib quick change setup, a 2.95 pulley nets 18.3% OD, the 2.85 nets 22.5% OD and the 2.75 nets 26.8% OD. All OD numbers are based on a stock 89 SC pulley ratio. I'm just using their numbers, I'm not making this up.

Not using the ESM pulleys

XR7 Dave said:
I'm not sure I follow these OD percentages.
10% SC pulley + 10% JS pulley. My 10% pulley is the first one ever offered for the SC. It was made by some marine company in Oregon or Washington state.

According to Ryan Harris, the SCI JS pulley #R1100 is +5% on the crank side & +5% on the SC side = +10% overall

68COUGAR

seems like 20% seems to be the magic number then. Mark is your MPII on your XR7 now?

That MP snout on mine is growling and its full of oil so I dunno. Sounds like the one we swapped. My old one that we sent in for your core was much quieter than both of your snouts I have had on my car.

Dave,

20% by my math is 10% OD jackshaft and a 2.85" SC pulley. With a 2.75" SC pulley I'm calling it 24%. Is that correct when compared to an early model stock pulley with a stock jackshaft ?

David

Growlers

Scott Long said:
Mark is your MPII on your XR7 now?
No, I just got it back Thurs. It's BEAUTIFUL. Only 3 of the hat threads were heli-coiled though. The alum.thread of the 4th. was there, but completely seperated from the surrounding metal. So I've gotta find another machine shop up here to heli-coil the last hat thread. Luckily I still have the leftover heli-coils from your blower job.

Scott Long said:
That MP snout on mine is growling and its full of oil so I dunno. Sounds like the one we swapped. My old one that we sent in for your core was much quieter than both of your snouts I have had on my car.
I still have your old snout. I sent my blower in with my snout. I'll bring your old snout back when I come down next week. IM me on YM & let me know when you're gonna be at your apt. next week. Need your apt. # also.

68COUGAR

Last edited:
Back