Motor's goin in tomorrow.....

CMac89

I just got my transmission back and I'm going to go pick up the clutch tomorrow and put everything together.

I hope it will start up alright. I checked over everything multiple times. The timing is okay. I don't know if I have the cam synchro in right. I put it in at 26* past TDC, but I couldn't tell if it was on cylinder 1 or 5. Oh well, if it's 180* out all I have to do is turn the synchro 180*. Really can't think of any other reason it won't start without a problem.

And when I say tomorrow I actually mean today.

I'll keep ya guys posted. :)

Last edited:
Well, I went and got my clutch today and got the car done. It was pretty easy, quick and straight forward. I started at 2:00 and got done at about 9:00pm.

I started out putting the clutch and the transmission on the motor and then put them in the car together. Someone was saying you can't put the motor and transmission at the same time, but all you need is a "Trans-Dapt."

I couldn't start it though because the battery was dead. Somthing wierd was going on though. Whenever I turned the key on I heard alot of rapid ticking coming from the trunk when the fuel system start purging. :confused:

I'm glad to see it put together though. :)

Back