baaad shake...

1_bad_89SC

i have a 89 5 speed. this thing is shaking really bad. when it is at a stop in or out of gear. when u hit about 2 thousand rpm it shakes bad and when u hit around 60. i have no ideas if anyone can help i would appreciate it. oh and also on the h.w when i reach oh about 70-90 and let off the gas it vibrates the whole car very very bad. i have no idea. some people said u joints or driveshaft could be twisted or warped but this car doesnt have enough power to twist it. please help.

check rear axle bearing the nuts come loose when they are bad you can tighten them but they will go loose again replace them

ooops wrong post sorry

Last edited:
If it shakes at a stop in or out of gear, you need to check your motor mounts. look at your oil pan and see if its been hiting the Kmember, crushing the lines on it. Also you can have a friend look at the motor with the hood up while you go from drive to reverse. Mounts bad enough to shake your car will be obvious.
Then again, if its more a vibration than a shake, you should take a good hard look at your harmonic balancer. If the center bolt is gone, park it before its too late! Then get a new one with bolt. good luck.

Back