PDA

View Full Version : XR7 Dave. clear your PMs lol

Thunder427
10-23-2005, 01:05 PM
hey man I cant send you my PM , your box is full. :(

well maybe others can help me out with this as well. if anyone has it done or whatever.. or knows. heres my message.

hey, I just got a 90' SC, its got a decent amount of mods like, ported blower, ported heads, 5% overdrive, and exhaust/intake improvments. etc.
I am getting an MP front mount IC this spring.

I was planning on getting an Autorotor ( i know and love the performance of a twin screw )

but as i looked into it I see it is custom ? by the group you are associated with ? seems to me it would be very pricey for the unit alone, and it being custom.

basically if I wanted my SC outfitted with one, and had to have it custom fit by you or whoever else, what would this whole "project" cost ? it just would be nice to have the insane power of an AR, if it doesnt cost an arm and a leg. Thanks

- Don

90blkbrd
10-23-2005, 01:15 PM
David won't be emptying his pm box any time soon. He wants everyone to use his email address in his signature at the bottom of any of his posts.

A stock SC engine is capable of ~300 HP at the wheels with boltons including the AR kit which David sells. Jake in florida bolted his on in a day and was up and running and he dynoed at ~300 HP.

If you want actual prices, email him. But I will say it is more than a MPIII. But to defend David, his comes with a chip.

Michael

This is a post on one he just delivered

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69522

David Neibert
10-23-2005, 01:16 PM
Don,

Dave doesn't answer PMs....send him an e-mail instead.

The 1.7 AR kit he sells is intended to bolt on with very little work required to make it fit. Other than some minor grinding on the intake manifold and a little rework to the fuel rail, I believe all the custom stuff is already done when you get the kit.

David

Mike8675309
10-23-2005, 01:16 PM
If you think the power you get from the Autorotor kit that's currently available costs an arm and a leg, maybe you haven't tried to get that kind of power increase through other means. While many people have been bolting these onto motors that already have lots of work done to them, you can count on bolting onto a essentially stock motor and seeing big gains.

Contact Dave via e-mail and he can help you set your expectations.

That kit is a steal for an autorotor kit that when complete will bolt on just like it was designed from the factory.

Now granted, SC owners in general are always looking for cheap performance, you just have to qualify cheap. Take the cost of the autorotor kit, and then spread that over other power adders. You'll soon see that money used up and won't be close to where the autorotor can stick you. (Or the MPIII upgrade it appears as well)

Thunder427
10-23-2005, 01:23 PM
thanks guys, sorry to sludge up forum space with this post.. :rolleyes:

well if the bang for buck is good than im all for it, I mean im just about to get this car, so im kind of planning ahead.

but judging by the mods right now this car is no slouch. but im figuring once I get the MP intercooler, a short while after I should get serious. the blowers already ported and such, so going to an S model or whatever wouldnt show huge gains. but im figuring since i have ported heads, and stuff, I should see awesome results with the AR. :)

alright Email sent to him... any mods ? delete this thread if you would like.. ;) sorry about that.

Mike8675309
10-23-2005, 01:30 PM
Really you should talk to Dave about what you're doing. The MP intercooler takes a bite of any budget so you want to be sure of where it fits into what you want to do with your motor. I know it's a useful item, but where it fits in the how much horsepower I'm able to generate yardstick is hard to determine without knowing more about what you got, and what your goals are.

Thunder427
10-23-2005, 01:56 PM
yeah, now im just wondering if i should even bother with the MP intercooler right now though.. lol

well i want to be making like 350+ ( on engine ) gotta be able to compete with new GTOs ( i love those cars ) on the same weight:power. hehe.

well fyi, this is the car right now.
the engine is remanufactured and has under 40K on it.
ported heads ( new felpro gaskets), ported blower ( by chris lazzo ) raised blower top, ported exhaust manifolds, ( to straight exhaust right now ) CAI similar to the "scp one" with 73mm MAF sensor, ( stock TB though ) IC fan, 5% overdrive pulley, underdrive pulley, 36lb injectors, 190 lph pump. I think thats about it. at least significant things. it also has 3:73s a B&M shift kit, and 1.5" lowering springs.. :) i mean im guessing its making like 300 hp on the engine right now.. so maybe 250 rwhp or so..

XR7 Dave
10-23-2005, 02:25 PM
If you want actual prices, email him. But I will say it is more than a MPIII. But to defend David, his comes with a chip.

Michael

The AR does not come with a chip, nor is that any real factor in the price of the kit. The AR needs no defence. It is a serious part for serious performance. It is not recommended for anyone with a stock Supercoupe. It flows too much air and will simply overrun nearly all the systems in the car including the SC outlet, IC, TB, heads, cam, eec, exhaust, etc.

To run the AR at slow enough speeds and low enough boost levels as to not overcome the stock parts does not do the supercharger justice. It needs to be spun fast and it needs to make boost. I would consider 18psi to be the minimum it should be run at and 20psi should be the average goal. 22-24psi is not unreasonable but then steady diet of alcohol or race fuel will be needed.

The thing about the AR is that it doesn't take significantly more HP to spin it at 20psi than it does at 15 psi so that extra 5psi is almost all free HP. But you must have the necessary support mechanisms in place for it to work.

Many SC owners already have the supporting parts in place. MPFMIC's, 85MM TB's, 255lp FI fuel systems, cams, forged pistons, etc. These things are all just begging for a good blower to make them perform to their capacity.

We have yet to try the 1.7L AR kit on a car with a MPFMIC. (!) I think the results will be sick. :D

joenintiesc
10-23-2005, 02:44 PM
We have yet to try the 1.7L AR kit on a car with a MPFMIC. (!) I think the results will be sick.

Well, the next guy in line to get his (8ate8) ought to be pretty happy with the results then!

90blkbrd
10-23-2005, 02:45 PM
The AR does not come with a chip, nor is that any real factor in the price of the kit. The AR needs no defence.

Sorry David, I didn't mean to misrepresent you. joenintiesc, Jake, and T-bird4vr all posted pictures of what you sent them included a chip.

The AR doesn't need defense, but it helps justify the cost. I know I wouldn't get an AR without getting a chip from your and your expertise of tuning it.

Michael

XR7 Dave
10-23-2005, 03:36 PM
Sorry David, I didn't mean to misrepresent you. joenintiesc, Jake, and T-bird4vr all posted pictures of what you sent them included a chip.

The AR doesn't need defense, but it helps justify the cost. I know I wouldn't get an AR without getting a chip from your and your expertise of tuning it.

Michael

Not everything in the pictures you see is "included". Most people have added things at extra cost and/or supplied their own components. The pictures you have seen are not advertisements for the AR kit. They are simply pictures of things that various individuals have for their cars, some of which came from me and some of which did not.

Until I get caught up on standing orders, I won't be posting any purchase info on the AR kits. Hopefully I will have a website soon that will answer many of these questions for you.

I know you didn't intend to imply that my tuning is necessary with the purchase of an AR kit, because it certainly isn't, but it did sound that way. The AR presents no bigger of a tuning issue than any other supercharger upgrade. In fact it has apparently proven to be more difficult to tune a high output M90 than it is an AR. Your choice of tuner is totally a matter of personal preference and is seperate from your choice of supercharger.

:)

Jake
10-23-2005, 04:22 PM
We have yet to try the 1.7L AR kit on a car with a MPFMIC. (!) I think the results will be sick. :D

Dave I've always had a MPFMIC on my car. In fact I just finished putting my car back together yesterday with the following upgrades, Coy Miller stage 2 "R" heads, cam, intake, headers, 1.73 roller rockers. I'm in the hunt for a good dyno in my area hopefully I'll make some big powe.

XR7 Dave
10-23-2005, 04:50 PM
Yes, I know your car has the MPFMIC as does Ira's. However, being that neither car has been tuned yet it's not really fair to say that they have really been "tested".

Yours made 335rwhp out of the box and promptly blew the headgaskets, and Ira's car made 266rwhp untuned and at low boost levels. Neither applications are (yet) representative of what the MPFMIC is capable of supporting.

Based on past exerience I expect yours to make at least 400rwhp and may make a lot more than that if things go well.

Currently Todd Jelle's is making the most power with somewhere around 420rwhp through a double stock IC core.

Jake
10-23-2005, 05:02 PM
Yes, I know your car has the MPFMIC as does Ira's. However, being that neither car has been tuned yet it's not really fair to say that they have really been "tested".

Yours made 335rwhp out of the box and promptly blew the headgaskets, and Ira's car made 266rwhp untuned and at low boost levels. Neither applications are (yet) representative of what the MPFMIC is capable of supporting.

Based on past exerience I expect yours to make at least 400rwhp and may make a lot more than that if things go well.

Currently Todd Jelle's is making the most power with somewhere around 420rwhp through a double stock IC core.
I hope I can make that kinda power, does Todd have an alky kit on his?

Kurt K
10-23-2005, 05:03 PM
I hope I can make that kinda power, does Todd have an alky kit on his?No, not yet.