Why Do People Drive Drunk???

darkstar_one

Why Do People Drive Drunk? Why do they always have to jeopardize the lives of others when they get behind the wheel under the influence of alcohol or drugs? Last night my girlfriend was driving home from her step dads house and she got T-BONED byt some stupid ~~~~ in a car... That ~~~~ ran the ~~~~ red light and hit her right on the passenger side... He didnt even stop to check on my girlfriend he fled the scene... Some witness were able to chase him down and get his wallet... NO ID.. NO NOTHING in his wallet...

Now my girlfriends car is totaled and i hope her insurance covers everything because she was fully insured... it just pisses me off...

atleast the guy left the car there and the police will complete the investigation within a couple of weeks and i will convince my girlfriend to hire a lawyer and sue the owners of the vehicle and driver when he is caught...

Why would you risk everything and the risk the lives of other people just because ur too stupid to know when to stop.... ~~~~!

Johnathan I hope your girl friend is ok after that wrech. I have been T-boned twice before (once at 55+ mph) and I know its not fun. I dont understand why people drive drunk either but I do my part by being the DD everytime I go out. Maybe its that false felling of "I can do it, I will be alright" that drunk people get after they drink.

Shane

It's one of those things that go inline with driving while on medication..driving while tired...while on drugs...The list goes on. Its a matter of people not thinking.

Oh I'm ok to drive. Drunk driving is one of the more notarizable "bad" things to do because from a publicity standpoint it is very very out there.

People will admit to driving while tired...or under medication...But rarely will one admit to driving drunk. All are equally as bad. I'm sure there arnt many people that arnt guilty of doing one of the above.

Of course I hope all works out for you and your GF, luckily all is well.

Just keep in mind that when you are behind the wheel of a car. That in and of itself is a responsability. We are all guilty of being irresponsable at one time or another.

Drunk

Fools drive drunk because they are too ***** stupid to call a friend or a cab.

Drive drunk?.......you should get a year in jail, period!

I've seen too many folks hurt or killed because of a drunken *****!

Not to play teh devils advocate but thier are few peopel I have run into that at one time have not driven after drinking, driven while tired...Or driven while under medication..

I'm thinking 99% of the driving population is a **** then...

I perfer to call it poor judgement. Humans are known to do things that are considered wreckless and only untill something bad happens do they learn thier lesson..And even then some dont

ya know, i remember from driving school they told us that driving while tired is just as bad, if not worse than driving drunk, because think about it, when your tired, you lose COMPLETE sense over what your doing, where you are, etc. at least when your drunk, you have some sense of what you are doing, granted that is severly hampered, and by all means, i hate drunk drivers just as much as the rest of us, but i bet the same people who post on this thread, have driven while they are extremely tired, and i will admit, i have done it before myself, but its things like this should make us think twice before doing something like driving while we shouldnt, and i hope that all is well with your girlfriend and that it works out in the end, and im sorry to hear that another person is a victim of alcohol...

DamonSlowpokeBaumann said:
Not to play teh devils advocate but thier are few peopel I have run into that at one time have not driven after drinking, driven while tired...Or driven while under medication..

I'm thinking 99% of the driving population is a **** then...

I perfer to call it poor judgement. Humans are known to do things that are considered wreckless and only untill something bad happens do they learn thier lesson..And even then some dont

Damon,

I think your right, and that is why it is so difficult to convict someone. The guy that ran a red light and killed my first wife was out of jail in less than a year. The fact that his license was already suspended for a previous DWI was not admisable in court because it happened in another county.

Prosecuting Attorney said it was difficult to get an involentary manslauter conviction, because usually the jurors can all remember driving at least one time when they could have done the same thing. So most of the cases are plea bargined down to lesser offenses in exchange for a guilty verdict.

Sad but true...If you wanted to kill someone the easiest way to get away with it, is to fake being drunk and do it with your car.

David

Driving while tired is sometimes unavoidable. Where as drunk driving is often due to poor judgement.

Driving drunk is dangerous as are many other things, but leaving the scene of a major accident where someones life could be in jeopardy should get you shot! :mad:

Don't feel bad I had the same thing happen to me a guy swirved at a cop car and then what do you think he did? PUNCHED IT!!!!!! so it was the newer body style cavilier vs my thunderbird lx v6 so not a big loss but it spun my fat ~~~ can around I was going west turning to the south ans then ended up going east messed up huh and the long way around ain't fun but in .01 secs who can tell what the fahk is going on. so after my car stopped I got out and the other car was AT LEAST 1/2 of a block down the street so he had to be doing at least 60 or 70 and it he would've been a sec later I'd be dead and the other fools in my car dead too the only injury was the guy in the back got the rear view to the teeth now he is missing the front two. The only mistake that I made it on tape one day I told the insurance company that I was ok with no injury so don't do that. Its been 3 or 4 years and I haven't seen a penny and that guy ran from the cops and spent a night in jail after he turned himself in. Its so faked up! ANd the cops found a pound of pot under the front seat and he was prolly drunk he should be locked up for life attempted murder on a cop but he is a mexican (no offense to anyone who obeys the laws and is a mexican or anything else I am not going to mention) but the ones that come over here and get away with everything "just because they are brown" Man I get so pissed about things like that sorry to rant and rave to you all but I know where you are coming from man.

I used to work a job that required a drive of 65 minutes into town, start work at noon and, if I was lucky, be on my way home by 11pm. There's a weigh station about 20 minutes from work-I always has a pillow, blanket, a book and book light, and some coffee in a thermos. I would pull into the station, kick the seat back a little, drink a cup of coffee and read for a bit, then would kick the seat all the way back and take a nap before continuing home. More often than not I would have some cop rap on the window and ask me what I was doing-I would tell him that I was tired after a long day at work and was taking a nap before continuing home. Had this happen a total of 75 times, with 80% asking me to take a breathalyzer-they finally stopped that when a field sergeant for ISP realized I was being smart and realizing that I was too tired to continue driving. After that they left me alone.

Why Do People Drive Drunk? Why do they always have to jeopardize the lives of others when they get behind the wheel under the influence of alcohol or drugs?

Because there are way more stupid people in the world than anyone else...
:( :mad: :confused:

We can prevent driving while tired drunk or medicated. That tired guy that kills 5 people because he ran off ths side of the road and swiped pedestrians is just as guilty as a drunk driver. That guy that was under medication and didnt see the people crossing teh strete in time because he was groggy is just as guilty as a drunk driver. Its just not as taboo by society. Neither of these are victumless crimes and of course th driver doesnt mean to kill someone. But poor judgment leads to these types of deaths.

And like David said. How many times do you need to get caught untill you learn your lesson or untill something bad happens?

Its really a complicated issue. On one hand these people do not intentionally kill someone however they intentionally go out there and drive while not in full capacity. Get caught once its a lesson...Get caught twice you deserve to pay the price.

To further this driving ove rteh speed limit is a crime. There is a speed limit put in place to protect lives. How many of us have broken the speed limit>?

Once again a poor judgement call...And when someone gets hurt or killed....Its the same ending regardless...

weve all done it and we all regret it but still we have done it,

when your blood alc goes up your iQ goes down and you do stuff you would not normally do , thats why so many kids are born to women who had a one night stand beer goggles .

its not right but its common to drink and drive. to bad the drunks hardly ever die from it its always the innocent person they hit.

Birdman93 said:
I used to work a job that required a drive of 65 minutes into town, start work at noon and, if I was lucky, be on my way home by 11pm. There's a weigh station about 20 minutes from work-I always has a pillow, blanket, a book and book light, and some coffee in a thermos. I would pull into the station, kick the seat back a little, drink a cup of coffee and read for a bit, then would kick the seat all the way back and take a nap before continuing home. More often than not I would have some cop rap on the window and ask me what I was doing-I would tell him that I was tired after a long day at work and was taking a nap before continuing home. Had this happen a total of 75 times, with 80% asking me to take a breathalyzer-they finally stopped that when a field sergeant for ISP realized I was being smart and realizing that I was too tired to continue driving. After that they left me alone.

i take my hat off to you, my dad has always told me that if your tired while driving, you can always pull over and take a lil nap or something, even 10 min is enough to wake you up for the rest of the drive...great words of wisdom, problem is, he has 2 DUI's, i'll never understand, one of the DUI's was when he fell asleep while he was drunk and rear ended a semi at about 45 mph...i will honestly never grasp this concept of driving drunk...

here are come pics....

10-24-05_1232.jpg

10-24-05_1231.jpg

10-24-05_1230.jpg

10-24-05_1229.jpg

10-24-05_1228.jpg

That sucks colon!

I went through basically the same thing, drunk bastard, no liscence, no insurance, ran a red. I chased him, caught him, and detained him until cops arrived.

I haven't had my truck in over two months. Just this friday I should get it back. :eek:

dui's

there are way to many of these storie's.I'm glad to hear nobody was killed in this accident.In my 5 plus year's in law enforecment i have seen to many death,s do to stupid people getting behind the wheel.I myself was the victim of a dd.I was in a 78 911 sitting at a red light on my way home from work when a guy in a full size truck ran into me from behind.he stoped until he saw the uniform and freaked.I able to catch him when he got stuck in a driveway.he then tried to attack me ,bad idea 2 feloney,s 5 and a half's year,s in prison.oow no ins.no license not his truck i,m out a car bout at least he is off the road for awhile,they do do time once in awhile hope you get the car fixed and catch the ~~~-----

yeah here in CALIFORNIA if u drink and drive u lose ur license for upto 2 years i think... well he is in jail at the moment... and when he gets out he will have a nice big lawsuit in his hands... i hope he better have a good lawyer... but thanks for the support and i will keep you guys updated on what happens..

This really sucks man....

Driving drunk is one of the most greedy and selfish acts that someone could possibly do.

I live near a small city called Johnson City Tennessee, and a month ago the Homecoming Queen was killed. She was only 17 man!
Some 18 year old kid had a souped up mustang and was racing a 38yr old man in a Dodge Viper. ON MAIN STREET!!! They were exceeding 100mph when the kid's car rammed into the young lady who was stopped at a red light. Her car caught on fire and she was burned ALIVE! He at least had the compassion to pull her friend out of the car alive. The friend is still living but in a center for burn victems. The guy in the Viper fled the scene and the police finally caught up with him this week after weeks of investigating. Both guys are up for multiplale felony charges.
They were neither one drunk. And those poor girls.... :(

Back