Car I saw over the weekend.

XR7inWI

Here's a picture I couldn't resist. My wife and I seen this car over the weekend. I just has to circle the block and get a picture of this.... check the license plate. At least there is one person out there not ashamed to admit it. :D

Attachments

• AllRice.JPG
    AllRice.JPG
    120.9 KB · Views: 305
Damn.. someone took my idea :D I wanted to buy a Civic though and have that for a license plate :)

-Melon

XR7inWI said:
Here's a picture I couldn't resist. My wife and I seen this car over the weekend. I just has to circle the block and get a picture of this.... check the license plate. At least there is one person out there not ashamed to admit it. :D

LOL, Good find. To bad it wasn't more riced out.

Shane

quick35th said:
LOL, Good find. To bad it wasn't more riced out.

Shane

Yeah, my thoughts exactly. Of all the cars I see runnin around the area that DESERVE that vanity plate, and it ends up being a pretty mild one. Actually, not a bad lookin car. The 5" fart cannon (hard to see in the picture) would have to go if it were parked in my driveway, but other than that, it ain't too bad. My wife likes those cars and she actually noticed it before I did.

Tracy

That license plate gives it AT LEAST 50 hp... Seriously though...I bet it has a turbo on it and can wax that behind once it gets movin...

Chris

The license plate says ALL RICE, but its really a Dodge / Diamond star motors, Neon engine, etc .. actually Ive seen worse, my buddy is trying to put a ROOF scoop on his Eclipse, I dont understand the logic but he wants the "look" .. I said hes adding a whole lot of wind resistace, We'll see if that non functional fiberglass scoop doesnt crack on the freeway.
- Dan

Micahdogg said:
That mitsubishi has an american engine from a Neon? Tell me more!

Micah

yes, please fill us in how an american engine from a Neon is put in a mitsubishi eclipse. I would believe a mitsu engine in the neon first. :rolleyes:

Tracy

The Mitsubishi eclipse is made by Dodge. Sort of like how Isuzu is to Chevy as Mazda is to Ford. It has the same engine as a Neon ( not sure about current production models, but this style of Eclipse does ) . If you look under the hood you will find the same 2 litre 4 cylinder engine with a Dodge emblem on it. I dont know all of the ins and outs to these import cars. I helped my buddy take his engine out and replace it and found it interesting that it has Dodge / Chrystler stars all over it. Its also built on the same platform as the Eagle Talon .. you can convert any of these early Eclipses to the AWD Turbo setup if you had a donor setup and didnt buy that model to begin with.
- Dan

partially correct

Ddubb said:
The Mitsubishi eclipse is made by Dodge. Sort of like how Isuzu is to Chevy as Mazda is to Ford. It has the same engine as a Neon ( not sure about current production models, but this style of Eclipse does ) . If you look under the hood you will find the same 2 litre 4 cylinder engine with a Dodge emblem on it. I dont know all of the ins and outs to these import cars. I helped my buddy take his engine out and replace it and found it interesting that it has Dodge / Chrystler stars all over it. Its also built on the same platform as the Eagle Talon .. you can convert any of these early Eclipses to the AWD Turbo setup if you had a donor setup and didnt buy that model to begin with.
- Dan

You may actually be partially correct.. I owned a 97 Eclipse GST and my neighbor had a 99 Dodge Avenger and the interiors were indentical except for the different company badges on the inside. The Avenger had the V6, so i can't talk about engines being the same. I thought it was really weird myself.

Smitty

Ddubb said:
- Dan
ummmm, I think yer wrong on that. Mitsu IS owned by Daimler-Chrysler. Yes you will see dodge/chrysler emblems and marking under the hood. That doesn't mean it is an american made. It is still an import made outside of the US. Built on the same platform as the Eagle Talon??? Actually an Eagle talon is just a rebadged Eclipse. Just like a Stealth is a rebadged 3000GT. Same as the Geo Storm was a rebadged Isuzu Impulse, A Geo Metro was a rebadged Suzuki Swift, Geo Prism was a rebadged Toyota Corolla. The list could go on and on. The point is, I have been under the hood of all of those vehicles and can tell you that just because the car is rebadged with an American car makers name does not mean it is no longer an import. The only thing changed on these vehicles is cosmetic.

Tracy

Yeah, I think you had it mostly right, jsut backwards. The Dodge Neon is more foriegn than the Eclipse is domestic. It's a mistu built motor that the american car uses. Same or similar 4 banger mitsu block in Avenger too. As for seeing stuff with crysler stars all over it? I'm sure some components are, but blocks should be 420A Mistu stuff. I know nothing about the SRT 2.4L though.

Micah

XR7inWI said:
ummmm, I think yer wrong on that. Mitsu IS owned by Daimler-Chrysler. Yes you will see dodge/chrysler emblems and marking under the hood. That doesn't mean it is an american made. It is still an import made outside of the US. Built on the same platform as the Eagle Talon??? Actually an Eagle talon is just a rebadged Eclipse. Just like a Stealth is a rebadged 3000GT. Same as the Geo Storm was a rebadged Isuzu Impulse, A Geo Metro was a rebadged Suzuki Swift, Geo Prism was a rebadged Toyota Corolla. The list could go on and on. The point is, I have been under the hood of all of those vehicles and can tell you that just because the car is rebadged with an American car makers name does not mean it is no longer an import. The only thing changed on these vehicles is cosmetic.

Tracy

Some car companies own others, its all in the same boat. What I was trying to imply is that a car stamped with a Dodge logo is not ALL RICE as the lisence plate says.
Anyways, I dont care about imports, as I mentioned before - I dont know ALL of the ins and outs to these cars, so I wont argue with you ricers.
- Dan

Last edited:
it would be decent if it was a GSX though :) awd turbo..

or a DSM talon, theres one around here running like 12.6s, 420 hp ( on engine )

its not bad, except the dude who owns it, his website is called

"V8 killers" which I think is really stupid. as if mid-12s V8s have never seen :rolleyes: i guess if you are talking SOME stock V8 cars.. on the domestic front that could be an Fbody, Mustang, new GTO, charger, etc. at least for late model performance.. and all of those cars can attain mid 12s fairly easilly..

but anyways, Altezzas, Euros, clear tailights whatever you want to call them look the WORST, and i mean ABSOLUTE WORST on 2nd gen eclipses.. ICK !

Dude, you didn't "imply" anything. You flat out said the following:

"its really a Dodge / Diamond star motors, Neon engine"

And this makes no f*cking sense because Dodge and DSM are two different manufacturers who fall under Diamler-Chrysler. Neon and Eclipse used the same 420A block engines. But the motor is MADE by Mitsu and used in the American Neon. It's not a domestically engineered motor that is farmed out to foriegn contries for them to use in their cars. It's a foriegn built engine that is used in American cars because they are all meshed together under the same Corp.

Believe it or not, Mazda was their own company and Ford was their own company. Once Ford aquired Mazda, it didn't mean everything is 100% Ford and they just use the Mazda name. That same Mazda company gets to build it's own stuff still......but takes direction from Ford and Ford can now mix and match parts however they like.

In todays global market, you'll be hard pressed to find any Jap, Euro, or US vehicle that is entirely built in that country. Therefore, if a foriegn built and engineered Mitsu uses a Dodge designed plug wire cover, it doesn't mean it's an American car now.

And next time if you don't care about import and don't understand all the ins and outs how about not popping off. Cause that is more of a "ricer" mentality than us simply being informed.

Micah

Ok to add more fuel to this fire, DaimlerChrysler has actually divested itself of Mitsubishi but the Neon replacement will be made by Mitsubishi.

But yea there is no such thing as an "american car" anymore. My new Chrysler 300C is called an "american car" but it's built in Canada and the Hemi engine is built in Saltillo Mexico. The 5 speed automatic transmission is a Mercedes transmission but was built in the U.S. Go figure.

yeah who cares, cars come from wherever people assume they come from anyways. its not a big deal. the new GTO is a holden manaro, made in australia, BUT its GM Australia.. so who cares lol.

japanese, american, italian, whatever.

still gay tail lights :rolleyes:

Back