towing the sc

95scfan

where would you reccomend towing the sc from and don't say to the garage to work on it thats where its going. how would i hook it up i have to go about a mile with it when pulling it out of the snow i always put it around the a arm on one of the tires and thats for a few feet I don't have acess to a 2 wheel ramp on wheels so any ideas?

thanks

If you are not going very far just flat towing it with a strap would be fine. The stock location on the front of the car will work. I have towed mine by running the strap through one of the holes next to the fog light. I would definately use a strap Chains are harsh. I would not worry about the trans. Just put it in neutral. I have towed SC's like this a few times, no problems.

Use your brain. Look long
Slow is smooth and smooth is fast
good luck

ok good I don't want to break the toy before I get the damn thing fixed I have only had about 1 month of driving the car and owned it for like 2 and 1/2 so I am missing the car alot and just want it to be ok thanks for the reply and if anyone has something else feel free to teach the blown V6 in training

thanks alot

My dad and I pulled his 94 5spd home about 7-8 miles one night after the HB broke. That was a fun drive.. 20-25 mph on the shoulder of the highway, and then a deer walks (not runs.. but walks) out in front of you. And you pray that it sees you and thinks about moving because I didn't want to slow down.

Just another reason why I'm looking to buy a flatbed trailer :D

-Melon

EDIT: By the way, I see your from Nebraska - where about in NE? Or has someone from the area already contacted you :D

I am in hastings I had got a pm from doug in hastings on thursday and pm ed him to ask for his help and set up a time that he and I could work on it but when I checked to see if he had got the message he didn't yet and hasn't pm ed me back yet so I just called the shop and got it in tomorrow so in a couple days blown again

I was going to use the ess see license plate I thought it was clever but then I saw your pic on a post and was like WTF????? so I am unsing a plate from a guy in penn. I think it will say BLOWN if I can get it

thanks for the info and someday I will come to a Ne. type of function to see all the birds in the state.

your 94 looks like my 95 love the black but mine needs a paint job sad isn't it?

That's my dad's 94 that has the plate. The paint job isn't totally done yet. It was going in to get finished up and the HB broke - then a main bearing went out and it's been down for the rebuild for a while.

Just catch a ride with Doug when we have a meet in Lincoln. That's where our next one will be, though I'm not sure of the date or just where in Lincoln.

-Melon

I've towed mine a few times. Just put it in neutral. I like to apply the brakes a little when approching a stop sign to keep the tow rope tight.
I had the wife tow start me one time also because there wasn't any hills around. Just got up a little speed and popped the clutch. :)

well I towed it already its at the shop and getting the work it needs to be on the road again HOORAY!!!!!!

when you have a meet in lincoln I should be there but I don't know anybody on the Neb SC tour yet so I will have alot of talking to do but you all have nice sc's from the ne area and I am bone stock but by the time you have the meet I am hopefully going to have a lil something. Don't know what yet but hopefully the exhaust or a pulley but its hard to say I have to get the money pit running first. I have an electrical prob still with no keyless entry or illuminated entry but when I install my stereo in the next week I will take the car apart and see if there is a short and replace the bulbs and see how that does and if its that I will be super pissed off but that wouldn't affect the keyless entry so I don't know. But keep me posted on the lincoln thing and I'll check the NE cats site and see when it is

thanks

Back