black smoke, bucking and a fan that won't quit

91nightmare

Hello all,

Just finished doing quite a bit of work to the old t. Lately I've had some trouble with bucking, it happens at around 2 or 3000 rpm in gear 2 or higher. If you are really on the throttle it usually won't buck at all, but sometimes it will.

secondly, today i was outside, hood up, gave it some throttle.....first it sounded like it might die, then the rpm's shot up and then i watched as black smoke can pouring out of my tailpipes. so i got in the car to hit the throttle on the inside and see if my gauges showed anything strange and my fan was running, however, it was off.....so i turned the heater on and the fan low and it slowed down, when i turned the heater back off, the fan sped up. I have had trouble from the get go with this bad boy...

just some more info.....car has a new bhj balancer, new crank sensor, new tps, new o2 sensors, cats cut off......don't know if that helps at all.....any advice would be phenomenal. thanks..

Attachments

• thebigt.JPG
    thebigt.JPG
    124.3 KB · Views: 71
Wait a minute-you installed new O2 sensors, and the cats have been removed? Not sure if that would have any affect other than running lean or rich.

How about the computer?

Maybe it's time to have the codes run??

Try checking these:
Hi-rev - Check the IAC Valve (On Throttle Body next to TPS Sensor).
Bucking - Ususally bad plugs or wires or both.

Nice two tone paint BTW...

BobGPz said:
Try checking these:
Hi-rev - Check the IAC Valve (On Throttle Body next to TPS Sensor).
Bucking - Ususally bad plugs or wires or both.

Nice two tone paint BTW...

What am i checking for with the IAC valve?

the paint was just done 3 months ago...thanks

Back