Did I install my cam sensor right

sd_iconoclast

I have looked through all the threads concerning installation of the cam sensor, including the one with the missing picture. Here is what mine looks like:

Here is a picture of the position of my balancer. I have measured the mark to be 26 degrees ATDC:

I hope the picture come out where I want them.

In any case, it sounds like there are only a few things thar are important:
1]Engine must be at 26 degrees ATDC.
2]Leading edge of rotor (It turns counter clockwise) must be in the middle of the slot on the cam sensor housing.
Isn't that all that is required?
What is all this the manual says about 30 degrees between the angle of something (its not clear from the drawing) and the face of the block?

Please let me know if I have missed something, or if I have done it right.

Attachments

• CamSensor2.JPG
    CamSensor2.JPG
    312.5 KB · Views: 386
  • DSC01878.JPG
    DSC01878.JPG
    314 KB · Views: 402
Yeah that's right. All you have to do is make sure the motors on TDC on cylinder 1. Then move the pointer to the groove in the balancer and that's 26*.

as long as your not 180degrees off its rightive seen people install the sensor when crank is not on compression stroke. thus 180.deg off

u used a timing light on and as i was poing it down at the arrow i slowly turned the degree nob till they matched up and it says 45degrees engine has a light shake doesmy 1994 sc 5 speed also need to be at 26 degrees for that year ?

is that the stock (or stock replacement) balancer??

just wondering mine has a very deep mark on it for the 26 deg mark. its a stock balancer on my engine.

yeah its stock balancer =D i line the pointer up with the slot in the balancer then i slide the cam and the sencor in and thats it ?

the balancer is not at 26 degrees, unless the balancer spun on the elastomer its not correct

either way you need to correct that

as for the housing, the inverted U should be at the other side of the opening. In other words you need to rotate the housing clockwise about 1/8 of an inch.

yeah its stock balancer =D i line the pointer up with the slot in the balancer then i slide the cam and the sencor in and thats it ?

that balancer just doesnt look right in the pic you posted at the start.

the mark its on doesnt look like the mark on mine. like I said mine is very deep and wide mark ATDC in the area of 26 deg.

Back