Gauges.....................?????

darkstar_one

Hey,

Well i figure its time to start putting gauges in my car seeing as how the stock ones are pretty much useless... what do they call them idiot lights? any-who... i was thinking of getting a 3 gauge din but the problem is i am trying to make everything look stock... one thing i dont wanna have a gauge pillar because i dont wanna look that dumb either... like vin deisels car in XXX... with all those gauges and crap... any-who like i said i wanna keep the stock look... i was thinkiing of purchasing this 3 digital gauge din from summit and installing in the lower din slot... or removing the stereo and moving it down and putting this at the top... but anywho... i was also looking at the guy who installed autometer gauges in the locations of the stock gauges and made it look pretty kool... anyone think it is too hard?

Attachments

• sum-800110.jpg
    sum-800110.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 153
There is a guy on here that has one, but it's not installed yet. I can't remember his S/N off the top of my head, but he's from Kansas :D IIRC, he said it fits really nice, but I don't know if he has it wired up yet. I think he just test fitted it. I don't imagine it would be too much harder to wire up compared to doing a gauge in a gauge pod. Power, ground, illumination, and the sending unit for each gauge (water temp, oil psi, and volts)

I was planning to get one until the GP came up on TCCoA for a custom gauge mounting panel to put Autometer gauges into. And if the GP falls through, then I'll still get one of these.

-Melon

I have it! I'm the Kansas guy. Once my SC has a motor in it, i'm sure they'll work well. They do fit really well in the bottom slot, and look nice. Not noticable when they're off for sure, and probably not completely stupid when they're going. The gauges are blue LEDs w/ red warning lights in them and green name illumination. So it's not toooo far from the stock gauges. I like them. Sorry can't help much more than that. Installation should be easy, need a +12, a ground, sensor pickup for temp, sensor pickup for oil pressure, and that's it.

Nick

Back