New wheels

83GT460

Here is a picture of my new wheels. I haven't done the front yet because I am still waiting for the new front brakes. Sorry about the picture quality it was taken with my phone. Tire size on the rear is 295/35/18.

Attachments

• IMAGE_255.jpg
    IMAGE_255.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 417
Last edited:
Dahoopd said:
Whats the rim width, thats a nice looking tire.

The wheels are 18x8.5 with 35 mm offset and 6.125 back spacing they are intended to fit an 05 Mustang. I bought them from Maximum Motorsports the wheel is by Konig. The back wheels fit just fine but I can't tell you about the fronts yet because I have not installed them but will be doing so in the morning.

Charles

Charles, I'm trying to remember ... are they BFG Drag Radials you have for the rear? Those 295-35 skins must be a bit tight on 8.5" wheels!!!

Looks fantastic so far. The caliper relocation brackets went on OK?

cheers
Ed N.

fast Ed said:
Charles, I'm trying to remember ... are they BFG Drag Radials you have for the rear? Those 295-35 skins must be a bit tight on 8.5" wheels!!!

Looks fantastic so far. The caliper relocation brackets went on OK?

cheers
Ed N.

Yes they are the new style BFG Drag radial. The tires don't really look to big for the wheel but I would have prefered to use a wider wheel. Ed the brackets work fine once I did a small amount of grinding on the caliper bracket & knuckle. I think the fronts will be ok for clearance as well with the 245/40/18's but I should know in tommorrow as my front brakes finally were delivered tonight.

83GT460 said:
Yes they are the new style BFG Drag radial. The tires don't really look to big for the wheel but I would have prefered to use a wider wheel. Ed the brackets work fine once I did a small amount of grinding on the caliper bracket & knuckle. I think the fronts will be ok for clearance as well with the 245/40/18's but I should know in tommorrow as my front brakes finally were delivered tonight.

Hurry up and get those wheels on before you head to the track on Friday :)

Rims look great, but that color is sweet!
Really wish Ford offered the SC in Cobalt or Royal blue back in 1990.

Pictures

Here are a couple more pictures from different angles with all four wheels and the Cobra R brakes on.

Attachments

• IMAGE_259.jpg
    IMAGE_259.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 137
  • IMAGE_261.jpg
    IMAGE_261.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 195
BLUE95 said:
Charles, you sure have that thing looking SWEET!! Can I have it back?? :)

Let me think about that Jeromy. Uhhhh Sorry buddy not a chance!

I tried to send you an e-mail at work last week that included some pictures but it was returned. I just wanted you to know it was being taken care of and that I am still loving it.

Thanks Again,
Charles

Charles, Happy to see you're taking good care of it. If you get a chance to send the pics again, send them to jeromy_shoen@yahoo.com . Would be cool if you could get fastest "bolt on" SC record, I saw you were pretty close already.

Thanks,
Jeromy

Last edited:
Back