Hellllllpppp!!! PART 2!!

dirtybird442

Okay, i changed the ignition switch (which was starting to pull apart), and the cylinder, and it's still cutting off. Does anyone know if the spring on the back of the ignition switch actuator is supposed to give tension on something? The piece that has the pin that goes in the switch, has a spring on the back, but it looks compressed, like its old and not "springy" anymore. I'm wondering if this is allowing play in the actuator because if i jiggle the key back a little, not turn it off, but just a little, everything except my radio loses power.

Hossman :mad:

i thought the spring just locks the steering wheel but its been a while since i looked at any, i thought mine was the opposite when my ignition switch was coming apart , when you turn it back a bit everything got power , on a non sc tbird with digital dash the speedometer or guages wouldnt light up , if it werent for the digital dash going on and off i prob would have never figured it out , then when i turned the key back slightly everything started working and alternator started charging, also one time my pos batt terminal was touching the hood causing intermittent car shutting off problems till one day i made a left turn and it died and saw smoke from under the hood and opened the hood right away and it melted the positive terminal right off the batt

Last edited:
Figure it out?

Hoss, Just wondering if you ever figured out your problem with the ignition??
I am only 10 minutes away from you maybe I could stop by and try to help diagnose your problem, I could bring my service manual and EVTM over. Let me know if you need another set of hands to help out. See ya Mike

Back