Whats everyone paying for a repaint

Dahoopd

My car has had it. It looks great from a distance but it needs to be done during the winter. I want to be able to bolt the wheels on and have it done and looking good. I was tossing the idea around of changing the color but have decided to keep it white. Whats the cost everyone has been quoted or paid to have a complete repaint. I am not concerned about the jams but would prefer to have it done.

I doubt anyone has had it done, but I am going to attempt to have the sunroof covered and welded. It has been nothing but trouble. When it rains it pours. I have had it with the BS it gives me.

Thanks for the help gents.

Dahoopd said:
My car has had it. It looks great from a distance but it needs to be done during the winter. I want to be able to bolt the wheels on and have it done and looking good. I was tossing the idea around of changing the color but have decided to keep it white. Whats the cost everyone has been quoted or paid to have a complete repaint. I am not concerned about the jams but would prefer to have it done.

I doubt anyone has had it done, but I am going to attempt to have the sunroof covered and welded. It has been nothing but trouble. When it rains it pours. I have had it with the BS it gives me.

Thanks for the help gents.

I had my car painted a couple of months ago and it cost $4500. Prior to painting I removed all glass, door handles, locks, lights, sunroof, trim, hood, fenders, bumpers, trunk lid and doors. The paint guy welded up the antenna hole and trim holes. Beside the outside I had the door jambs, trunk jam, under the hood painted. A large part of the work was blending in a steel cowl that was welded into the original hood. I had quotes from $10,000 to $4500. Took the low bid and am very happy with the job. The paint used was two stage PPG and 4 layers of clear. Good Luck.

Super XR7 said:
I had my car painted a couple of months ago and it cost $4500. Prior to painting I removed all glass, door handles, locks, lights, sunroof, trim, hood, fenders, bumpers, trunk lid and doors. The paint guy welded up the antenna hole and trim holes. Beside the outside I had the door jambs, trunk jam, under the hood painted. A large part of the work was blending in a steel cowl that was welded into the original hood. I had quotes from $10,000 to $4500. Took the low bid and am very happy with the job. The paint used was two stage PPG and 4 layers of clear. Good Luck.

Paint jobs are 75% Prep work , And of course a good painter/Paint. I had my XR7 done by A good friend that does work on the side. All and all it was 2400 For it all. I also used a 4 layer clear. Pic in sig.

BK,

I do alot of work in Charleston. Currently renting a house in My Pleasant and working at some condoes on the cooper river..Even saw Jeff Gordon Last week in Henrys on market..

yeahh lloovee CHarleston!

Damon

DamonSlowpokeBaumann said:
BK,

I do alot of work in Charleston. Currently renting a house in My Pleasant and working at some condoes on the cooper river..Even saw Jeff Gordon Last week in Henrys on market..

yeahh lloovee CHarleston!

Damon

Jeff Gordon? What a pansy. I would like to meet him and kick him in the nuts for being so arogant. LOL

Give me a break

90XR7Cougar5spd said:
Jeff Gordon? What a pansy. I would like to meet him and kick him in the nuts for being so arogant. LOL

Quite your whining, your just jealous your not making millions running in NASCAR.

Why is there a lot of hate towards Gordon anyway? He is no doubt one the best drivers in NASCAR and for good reason. 4 Championships and somwhere around 73 wins, including last week at Martinsville....Please. Dale Earnhardt only had had 76 wins before his passing, so why isn't Gordon given the respect he has earned? Because he is young? and your point would be. The only reason Jr. is so good is because he fell right into Daddies empire and came up in a racing family with lots of money to build and test cars. Gordon did it on his own.....so what is the problem with Gordon again.

Speaking of arrogant are you forgetting about Tony Stewart? Especially in his early years! He has gotten better.

V/R
Smitty

Gordon did it on his own...

...along with about 30 paid professional mechanics and behind the scene "scientists" testing and designing new parts and cars. everyone focuses on the driver, and forgets that 98% of the time, its the mechanics that work for the company who do all the work.

You are correct

xThunderbirdSCx said:
...along with about 30 paid professional mechanics and behind the scene "scientists" testing and designing new parts and cars. everyone focuses on the driver, and forgets that 98% of the time, its the mechanics that work for the company who do all the work.

I only meant he wasn't born into a racing family with an established organization, he has been a driver for someone else not his own company .

It takes an entire team effort to win on any given Sunday, with 43 other teams out on the track trying to win a race. One part of the team can't do it with out the others. hats why it is so critical to have race team that understanbds all the goals and the steps needed to achieve them.

Quik95SC said:
The only reason Jr. is so good is because he fell right into Daddies empire and came up in a racing family with lots of money to build and test cars.
Speaking of arrogant are you forgetting about Tony Stewart? Especially in his early years! He has gotten better.

V/R
Smitty

I never said i liked Jr, he will never be like his Daddy. Im not a big Tony Stewart fan either, but damn this year he cleaned up, well at least the races i got to see, he did pretty damn good. I never have liked Gordon. Oh yeah, sorry for the Thread highjack, i didnt expect it to turn like this :eek: Ok Back on Track! Ive heard of a few people repainting cars in my area for pretty damn cheap, ive heard of this one fella doing it for like 5 or 600 hundred if you buy the paint and stuff. I work with an older guy who has painted quite a few cars and i think me and him are going to paint mine, well if i ever get the damn thing running again.......

Derek

Back