WOW, its a wonder what a little elbow grease will do.

90XR7Cougar5spd

Got bored today and i decided to try and do a little wet sanding on the ol cougar to try and make the paint look better, well it did! Little of 1000 Grit wet paper and then finishing it off with 2000 grit, then throw on a little mothers, and it made all the difference in the world!! Still dosent look as good as i wish it did, but defianatly an improvment.

Derek

Attachments

• driver side smaller 1.jpg
    driver side smaller 1.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 101
  • driver side smaller 2.jpg
    driver side smaller 2.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 96
  • driver side smaller 3.jpg
    driver side smaller 3.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 87
90XR7Cougar5spd said:
Got bored today and i decided to try and do a little wet sanding on the ol cougar to try and make the paint look better, well it did! Little of 1000 Grit wet paper and then finishing it off with 2000 grit, then throw on a little mothers, and it made all the difference in the world!! Still dosent look as good as i wish it did, but defianatly an improvment.

Derek

Getting there man, Are you going to repaint anytime soon too? Looks good from last time i saw it tho.

bksho said:
Getting there man, Are you going to repaint anytime soon too? Looks good from last time i saw it tho.

Just noticed to you had a 5spd in the 1990 model. Hang on to that baby. How many of those were made like 800>? or somthing... rare for sure.

bksho said:
Just noticed to you had a 5spd in the 1990 model. Hang on to that baby. How many of those were made like 800>? or somthing... rare for sure.

:D Yup, i got rid of it once already, and kicked myself in the ~~~ everyday after i got rid of it, the i found it again, bought it back, and still havent driven it@!!!!!! LMAO..

Derek

And o yeah, paint job should be coming in december i hope anyway, if its running by then.

90XR7Cougar5spd said:
:D Yup, i got rid of it once already, and kicked myself in the ~~~ everyday after i got rid of it, the i found it again, bought it back, and still havent driven it@!!!!!! LMAO..

Derek

And o yeah, paint job should be coming in december i hope anyway, if its running by then.

Yea, i did the same thing my old XR7. I sold it due to joining the Air force 3 years ago. Was a 89 also 5spd. The lady i sold it to Was sort of "Gangsta". When i came back in town after i was done with basic traning, I saw my cougar molested with Gaudy Chrome Trim from walmart.:( and other stupid junk on it. had dents in it and was rusting ... Was mad when i saw that and started my search for another xr7 ,after 2 long years of looking for a nice xr7 5spd i found one on these fourms when i was in Iraq. and Bought it that day, my father inlaw was nice to pick up for me, he was amazed by the car.

Your car looks much improved Derek... maybe even to nice to give it that race car treatment :p :D Can wait to see it all painted.

Shane

quick35th said:
Your car looks much improved Derek... maybe even to nice to give it that race car treatment :p :D Can wait to see it all painted.

Shane

Oh yeah its gonna get the race treatment alright, 4 ft wing of the trunk, another 4 ft wing on the roof, a big ol f'n fart tube out the back, oh yeah!!!!! j/k. But yeah, it looks ALOT better, one of the guys i work with came down and looked at it here a few weeks ago and the paint looked bad then. I showed him some pics of it tonight, and he didnt even recognize it, he asked me whos car it was, then i told him it was my cougar, he couldnt hardly beleive it......

Derek

Back