Jet powered eclipse

no not BS...100 bucks says that thats legit. Theres nothing rice about that car. I mean, even if he slapped a huge wing on there, there would still be a legitimate reason for it. How cool would it be to drive that thing. I bet it can get up to around 200 mph and faster than a McLaren F1 can.

xThunderbirdSCx said:
no not BS...100 bucks says that thats legit. Theres nothing rice about that car. I mean, even if he slapped a huge wing on there, there would still be a legitimate reason for it. How cool would it be to drive that thing. I bet it can get up to around 200 mph and faster than a McLaren F1 can.

Well besides the fact that if you ever turned the jet engine on on the street you would incinnerate any and all cars behind you :rolleyes:, with all the added weight I am sure that car is slow as balls when its powerd by its factory engine (if it still has it). Plus, aerodynamicaly its probably very unstable at anything above 140mph let alone 240mph which is the McLaren F1's top speed just to let you know ;). Its butt heavy so most likely the front end would get air under it and lift the entire front end off the ground at speed and would induce vehicular back flips lol! BTW, Bugatti just came out with a new supercar called the Veyron with a 8.0L V16 and four turbos making 987 HP and 922 lb-ft tq and has a top speed of 254 MPH :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:. It also costs a cool 1.23 million :cool:

Shane

Definately not streetable, however add wheelie bars and a partachute and you'd be ready for a good time at the track!

I am aware of no law that prohibits the type of engine used in street vehicles, but it woud surely be an easy vehicle to get into troubel with!

I'd do that to a lincoln towncar if I had some money to burn!

...i dont understand how that is rice??? Not even equipped with the standard ALTEZZAS and ALUMINUM WING!!!

...to me, that's a JDM DSM Eclipse with a freakin jet engine. I think it would be a fun project if you had money to spare. How cool would that be to light up the afterburners on the freeway and pass a cop just staring at you thinking
:eek: <(WTF?!?!)

xThunderbirdSCx said:
...i dont understand how that is rice??? Not even equipped with the standard ALTEZZAS and ALUMINUM WING!!!

...to me, that's a JDM DSM Eclipse with a freakin jet engine. I think it would be a fun project if you had money to spare. How cool would that be to light up the afterburners on the freeway and pass a cop just staring at you thinking
Rice rice baby.......

Alright stop, collaborate, and listen
Rice is back with a brand new invention
4 cylinders sound to ricey
I'm gonna put a jet engine in so Americans will like me.

Thats my tribute to Vanilla Ice there. :)

xThunderbirdSCx said:
...How cool would that be to light up the afterburners on the freeway and pass a cop just staring at you thinking

At that point thats where they pull you over and take you straight to jail. Would not be fun at all.

Shane

CMac89 said:
Rice rice baby.......

Alright stop, collaborate, and listen
Rice is back with a brand new invention
4 cylinders sound to ricey
I'm gonna put a jet engine in so Americans will like me.

Thats my tribute to Vanilla Ice there. :)

Im pretty sure that in the description, it says its got a V6. I dont really think its al that ricer, but i do agree, it would be a fun project. But also as someone else said, it wouldnt be too stable at high speeds, its too heavy in the rear end, get going to fast and i would think that aerodynamics would take over and kind of lift the front of the car off the ground. But none the less, it would be a fun project.

Derek

haha....

i think that car is hilarious, it looks pretty stock, but its pretty not...how beautiful...thats what i call the ultimate sleeper!!! and shane, why were you looking at eclipses on ebay?? im concerned...

19TbirdSC91 said:
....and shane, why were you looking at eclipses on ebay?? im concerned...

I saw it over on another forum and though it was hillarious. So I posted it here. I've not turned rice lover just yet.

Shane

19TbirdSC91 said:
and shane, why were you looking at eclipses on ebay?? im concerned...

I was fixing to ask the same thing, i thought we was all gonna have to sit him down and have a little "talk" with him. :p

Yeah, Shane is a "closet ricer". I expect him to someday come out and admit it to us all. First step is admitting it to yourself Shane. ;) Maybe we can be your support group here to help lead you back to the path of the righteous. :D :p

Tracy

'89 5-speed SC
stock late model blower
intake and exhaust
14.27 @97mph

Look at your sig, then look at the comments you make about a jet powered car. Which one do you think I find funnier?

Back