SC blower on 4.6???

Trailor

*i'm sure this has been asked a billion times, but i have very slow internet now and dont have the patience or time to go searchin thru the forums*

anyways, i have a SC blower and almost all of its components just sitting around in boxes, and the car it was supposed to go on got drowned by hurricane katrina (that dirty bitch...) well since that car got sunk, i now have a 99 f-150 with a 4.6L v8 and was curious if and how i could fit the blower on it, or how i could convert it to fit on there. ive herd of people with 5.0 and 4.6 stangs puttin the SC blower on their engine, so i figured if it works on those, maybe it can work on mine. thanks!

AED (Allen Engine Development) used to make a kit that did just what you are asking. Not sure if they are still in business though. You might want to search around a bit for them. Might be some more information for you on tccoa.com

My 95 LX...This is what they call teh money shot hahaha

bird4

I would like to see one of those manifolds for sale without the blower. Or maybe one that is set up for the 112 out of a lightning....I got one of dose too...

Chris

I really want just the manifold. I already have like three blowers now. Glad to see you made it home Wynn...

Chris

The m90 supercharger is only going to be good for mid 300 rwhp on a 4.6. It just can't move enough air and will end up being the damn in the intake system for a otherwise free breathing 4.6.

I've seen it on a dyno just dogging a 4.6 looking for more power as rpm's built.

For low end torque and reasonable hp increase it would work. But if you want the wide power band that the motor can support, a vortech type blower would work better.

well i looked up the AED site and found out their setup for the 4.6L f150 costs just short of $5000 :eek: ... no thanks, i'd rather buy another car/truck... guess i'll hafta either sell my SC setup, or hold out on it til i get another 3.8L ford

Mike8675309 said:
The m90 supercharger is only going to be good for mid 300 rwhp on a 4.6. It just can't move enough air and will end up being the damn in the intake system for a otherwise free breathing 4.6.

I've seen it on a dyno just dogging a 4.6 looking for more power as rpm's built.

For low end torque and reasonable hp increase it would work. But if you want the wide power band that the motor can support, a vortech type blower would work better.

i didn't really want a supercharger on my truck, i just needed to put my supercharger on something... or at least i felt like i needed to :p oh well :(

So far I think with no alcohol injection of the sort 385rwhp at 12psi is the most Ive seen from a 4.6 with an M90

I plan on attempting to break 400 with a modified m90 on my 4.6 AED Tbird

with a stock 4.6 PI and 6 psi it put out 305 rwhp and 358 ft lbs....I probably wont break 400...But its a goal non ethe less:O)

so it basically blows air in from the rear into the top right? and the top distributes it throughout the manifold? it looked a lil wierd but i figured it out... is that the late model blower from the 94-95 SCs? if it is how kool...

Back