trac loc

nickleman60

i started removing parts to get ready to install a trac loc with 3.73 gears.my nice custom exhaust is going to be a pain in the a$$ to remove.this is the first time i've really looked at how it's mounted.all of my hangers are welded and the only way i can see to remove is to cut them.the way it splits into two pipes below the rearend it has to be removed. good luck to me.

nickleman60 said:
i started removing parts to get ready to install a trac loc with 3.73 gears.my nice custom exhaust is going to be a pain in the a$$ to remove.this is the first time i've really looked at how it's mounted.all of my hangers are welded and the only way i can see to remove is to cut them.the way it splits into two pipes below the rearend it has to be removed. good luck to me.

These cars never to cease pi$$ing us off!

On my car, the rubber bushing on the rear muffler hangars are welded to the underbody and the hanger slips in. What I have to do on my car is use a Mapp or Propane torch to heat up and bend the hangar back to remove it from the muffler hangers and then heat it up and bang it back into place. Being, I've removed my exhuast system twice and soon to be a third time since I've got, I had the Muffler Shop put a joint just after the resonator. It is a lot easier to remove two parts that just one.

Good Luck

finished installing my trac loc yesterday.it made my car a little more lively with the addition of the 3.73 gears.alot of thanks goes to john for setting up my rearend and helping with the install.can't forget my brother because he helped too.

Back