How to lower an SC

Slysc

With my Jetta in the SCs garage space getting a new front skin, grill, rad, etc., my SC is now my daily driver. My wife is taking off for the weekend and she's taking our 12 passenger van cause she can't drive the SC (no power steering in combination with manual trans makes steering with one hand real tough). That means the kids and I are have only the SC for transportation. 8 kids and me in the SC lowers it about 1 inch. I've got to stack them 2 deep in every seat.
Anyone want to trade my SC for a minivan for the weekend?

I think I've put over 500 miles on the SC just driving to work and back this week. I think that's more miles than I put on it in all of 2004. :rolleyes:

lowered 12 second super coupe full of kids............sounds like a chick magnet to me! hahaha...good luck Dan!

Slysc said:
With my Jetta in the SCs garage space getting a new front skin, grill, rad, etc., my SC is now my daily driver. My wife is taking off for the weekend and she's taking our 12 passenger van cause she can't drive the SC (no power steering in combination with manual trans makes steering with one hand real tough). That means the kids and I are have only the SC for transportation. 8 kids and me in the SC lowers it about 1 inch. I've got to stack them 2 deep in every seat.
Anyone want to trade my SC for a minivan for the weekend?

I think I've put over 500 miles on the SC just driving to work and back this week. I think that's more miles than I put on it in all of 2004. :rolleyes:

HOW THE HELL DO YOU AFFORD A 12SECOND SC WITH 8 KIDS??? :eek: :confused: :eek:

dirtybird91 said:
HOW THE HELL DO YOU AFFORD A 12SECOND SC WITH 8 KIDS??? :eek: :confused: :eek:
Jeeeeezzzz!!!!! :eek: I didn't notice that when I read it.

He can afford to buy a new front end, radiator, etc... to repair his Jetta, too.

HOW THE HELL DO YOU AFFORD A 12SECOND SC WITH 8 KIDS???

That's why I have a primer paint job (meijer spray cans) and everything else I either got a great deal on from ebay or I made it myself. My car was done on the cheap.

I crashed the Jetta and the insurance totaled it and paid it off but I couldn't afford to buy another commuter so I bought it back from them and I'm fixing it with junkyard parts and driving my SC until it's fixed. :rolleyes:

The kids aren't really that expensive. Once you have a big van to drive them around in and a big house to have room for everyone, they really don't cost much more. My kids don't get their own dirt bike and they aren't in hockey or other expensive or parent consuming sports but they do just fine. I'm sure it will get more expensive as they get older but we've always been provided for so I'm confident that we'll be OK. :)

Hehe...Kids aren't expensive UNLESS you have them in daycare...Now THAT is an expense that I can't get by without having... I'm glad that I only have 4 of them though...I know I couldn't do more.

It's nice to see though that others make parts and mods their SC on the cheap, like I'm doing as well. I just wish that I could get that daycare $$ back... At over $1800 per month (while school is in session) it's really putting a hurt on the SC upgrades.

Keep it up and I'll see you at next year's shootout. Just keep those hood pins where they belong and that'll save a little off next year's SCS budget... ;)

Back