Keyless entry question

Quik95SC

SCCoA Member
My daughter has a 95 LX that has power door locks, but no keyless entry or keyfob for the power locks. She would like to get the keyfob and keypad installed for safety. At least be able to use a keyfob to lock and unlock the doors and trunk.

My questions are, are all thunderbirds at least wired for the keypad and computer? If they are would I be able to get the computer, door keypad, and keyfob and install a factory keyless entry system on her car?

If not what else must I do to install a factory system on her car. I don't mind cutting the door for the keypad, just want to make sure it is going to work before I do. Will this also work for the remote trunk release, which installed in the center console just like my 95 SC if I use a factory remote keyfob and reprogram it.

Smitty

Door Keypad

I know that Ford sells a wireless, door keypad, BUT I don't know if it works back to 95. When i asked the Ford parts guy, he said that it would work with any ford that has a key fob lock/unlock/trunk. It works the same as the keyfob, by wireless transmission to the security computer. With that system, you don't even need to cut the door. If '95's had key fobs, the guy said is should work.

I asked about it, because I really like the door keypad, & the '03 Marauder did Not come with one.

68COUGAR

I think it would be easier....... to install an aftermarket alarm system .... or remote start ....get a multifunction....keychain remote.... power trunk/door locks/etc ..... can be wired in without hacking up the wiring ....dave

not worth it

I installed keyless entry into a 1994 super coupe with keypad. None of the wiring was in place. With keyless entry all of the lock wires go back to the control module, (since first option is just unlock driver door, then second time is unlock all doors.)
It is alot of work, you have to remove both door panels, rear seat, some carpet, and hack into the main wiring harness. It is much easier for an aftermarket system.

Something to Check

Check in the trunk next to the fuel shutoff reset on the drivers' side 1/4 panel. If there is a small grey connecter with nothing plugged into it on the side of the reset switch,
this is the tap in to reset the computer control for the key fob.

Take a screw driver and jump the connection. The power locks will cycle. This will allow you to reprogram a remote.

You can purchase used or new remotes on Ebay or maybe from a local junkyard.

Mark
'93 SC auto
'95 SC 5spd

Does anyone know if you could fabricate in a newer style one? Or is the wiring completly different?

Who don't have it?

Quik95SC said:
My daughter has a 95 LX that has power door locks, but no keyless entry or keyfob for the power locks.
Do you mean that SHE doesn't have it, OR the CAR doesn't have it?

Confused 68COUGAR

The Car

68COUGAR said:
Do you mean that SHE doesn't have it, OR the CAR doesn't have it?

Confused 68COUGAR
The Car doesn't have keyless entry or Keyfob's, but it does has power door locks and trunk release (inside center console.)

Smitty

Back