M.i.a.

V8Supercoupe

Hey guys....Long time no talk! LOL!

Sorry I have been away so long. I have kinda lost some ambition due to my engine taking so long.

Work has been a REAL bummer, it doesn't seem like I can get a break. SOooo, I have been laying low.

Jeff, sorry I haven't gotten back to you on the meet. Would you please send me all the info you can so I know what I need to do?
Do you think you can still go, or are you attending the wedding?

Good news is,
My engine is done.....RAH RAH RAH!
Can't wait to get it in....I pick it up next week.....HOPEFULLY!

NO BRIAN, Don't even think of scooping that engine out from underneath my nose......
I KNOW your still waiting for yours..... HA HA!

Anyhow, I just wanted to pop in and say HI!
Where are all our new members by the way???
I see a lot of people listing their cars for sale in the classifieds that are from our region.....

WHERE ARE YOU GUYS?

Anyhow.....CYA

Skip

OK that's the last straw....I'm taking a ride this afternoon to see if I can flash a little green motivation at this guy. Now that I have my fancy new Dr. Fred cam in hand there should be no hold ups.

I figured as long as I had Skip to commiserate with I was OK. Now if I have to listen to him spewing about how great his car is running I find the situation totally unacceptable.

Damn, I want my motor.

FRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEED!

YOU TRAITOR!

I thought I was going to be the only one with the

"Top Secret Super Fred weapon"

Darn commies...LOL

Yeah, Brian.I'm gonna be rubb'in it in.......
So long as my car is putting more power to the ground.....

If not.....I guess we know what I'll be eating........LOL

Skip

It will be interesting to see. You guys are within 1% of each other with intake flows, cam integrated against actual headflow data. The approaches are different. Stiegemeyer with the all out racing type heads and big runners favors aggressive ramp cam with high lifts and moderate durations. Dr. Fred with the hot street heads with outstanding low and mid flows and much better impulse, with a longer duration, lower lift cam (much easier on the valvetrain). You guys have similar intake / blowers ???

Well Skip your safe for a while the only thing I'm getting to the ground is 4 jackstands.

Well I'm off to see the wizard.....

I think Brian wil come out on top

Brian has a Magnaport II I believe and 85mm TB. He also has the High Flow Plenum.

Brian, I hope you don't mind me saying......

I have a "self-ported" Blower. Standard Plenum (soon to be high flow) and a 75mm TB for now.

I will eventually be dropping the IC tubes and installing a front mount......Maybe I'll tackle that while the engine is out.

Descisions......Descisions.........

If all else fails, I'll just let the air out of Brian's tires....LOL

Skip

I'm beginning to smell a sandbag here.....

However, I've decided to remove the floorboards and do the Fred & Barney thing.....Maybe I need a foot doctor not an SC Doctor.

Substitutional therapy

The pitter patter of cartoon feet for blower whine. Hmmmm. There's other doctors out there for you !

Back