SC Stang

Roadhawg

Well, I'm almost done. I need to get an Xcal2 for the computer. Seems the stock mustang computer does not like the 42lb injectors. She is running richer tha Ivana Trump.

Attachments

• scstang.jpg
    scstang.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 478
I most likely need it .... I used a strap wrench to tighten it.

I have new plates coming also. :)

Attachments

• scstang1.jpg
    scstang1.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:
Well I'm going to Steen Racing and meet up with Ed Clark and get an Xcal2 with a base tune loaded in it. Hopefully I will be able to drive it to Jenro's on Saturday. :)

Wow I've always wanted to do that. Imagine how fast it would be with a built 8.8" rear with 31 spline axles, and a Coy Miller Stage 2 motor with nitrous and an autorotor supercharger!!!

Maybe I should look for an SN95 to do the swap. Is it pretty straight forward? I assume the motor mounts were the same right? What transmission are you using?

Scott Long said:
Wow I've always wanted to do that. Imagine how fast it would be with a built 8.8" rear with 31 spline axles, and a Coy Miller Stage 2 motor with nitrous and an autorotor supercharger!!!

Maybe I should look for an SN95 to do the swap. Is it pretty straight forward? I assume the motor mounts were the same right? What transmission are you using?

The swap was fairly straight forward. The best part is the SN95 3.8L NA Mustang was the test bed for ODB2, so you can use an Xcal2 to tune the computer. The key to the ez of the swap is to have a Tbird donor car available. I'm fairly sure a avid SC Tbird owner like yourself, this would be a walk in the park for you. I am very happy with the results.

Yeah I could probably do that swap in my garage. I have a spare 3.8L SC longblock here but its missing the blower, IC, IC tubes, Inlet plenum, Throttle body, and MAF, and radiator. I do have the return plenum and intake manifold. If I did this it would be in a few years. I want to build my big block car first, then maybe I'd pick up a cheap 3.8L stang and swap.

Did you use the stang tranny? Stick or Auto?

I used the Mustang NA short block and Mustang AODE trans.
I got the 3.8L NA stang with blown head gaskets for $1500 dollars.
I guess I got abit carried away. It seems the M90 was a what if right
after the ARP head studs. :rolleyes:

Be sure you have it tuned good before you stomp on it as the SC longblock has stronger rods and pistons than the LX block did.

someone said there was a guy that goes to jenros that has a blue mustang w/sc swap... so i guess that's you?

I'm going to be picking up a SC doner car on saturday.

I'll be putting it in over the summer. As for tuning, i'm just going to buy an Xcal2 from Justin over at VMP Tuning and do a "mail order" tune.

http://www.vmptuning.com/cart/home.php?cat=38

I'll be using my T5 and praying the clutch holds up to the torque.

Did you come across any problems during the swap? Any help would be appreciated... trying to gather as much information as possible before i start it this summer.

Jayls5 said:
I'm going to be picking up a SC doner car on saturday.

I'll be putting it in over the summer. As for tuning, i'm just going to buy an Xcal2 from Justin over at VMP Tuning and do a "mail order" tune.

http://www.vmptuning.com/cart/home.php?cat=38

I'll be using my T5 and praying the clutch holds up to the torque.

Did you come across any problems during the swap? Any help would be appreciated... trying to gather as much information as possible before i start it this summer.

I got my Xcal2 from Ed Clark and he also did my custom tune.
I used an aftermarket 70mm throttlebody for a 1995 5.0 stang. I also used a throttle cable from a 1995 5.0 which i pick up from a junk yard. I live in Chesapeake, if you want tips, help or look at my current install just let me know.

SCSTANG98 said:
Where did u hook up the vacuum hose from the bypass valve?

I hooked the vacuum hose from the bypass valve to the small vacuum fitting on the front of the intake plenum that is on the supercharger.

Last edited:
Back