shock trouble!!!!please help!!!!

tbird3.8sc

i have a 1994 tbird sc. i need shocks badly! i have read alot about shocks people say will fit and what wont. i do not want the arc system. before i order the kyb gr-2's, are these the right numbers? front: 231015 rear: 344110. if not i need the numbers badly. all the pics of the shocks dont look like they will bolt up? any and all help would be great. thanks

Those are the numbers shown on the KYB site for 89 - 97 T-Bird and Cougar. So they should work just fine for you.

Disconnect the shock actuators, and leave your ARC switch in the firm setting, otherwise your firm ride will be blinking at you.

cheers
Ed N.

re

thanks for you help i will try and look at one of these shocks be for buying. back look right ,front not sure...needs to have the upsidedown u shape for bolting up on the lower control arm? anyone else seen this front shock?

fast Ed said:
Those are the numbers shown on the KYB site for 89 - 97 T-Bird and Cougar. So they should work just fine for you.

Disconnect the shock actuators, and leave your ARC switch in the firm setting, otherwise your firm ride will be blinking at you.

cheers
Ed N.

I'm not sure of the part numbers, but if you order them from either shox.com or tirerack.com you'll get what you need. I got both a front and rear set from each of those two places and they fit just fine. Pop the ARC controllers off, bolt the new shocks in, and leave your ride control set to firm and you're ready to go.

quick35th said:
I agreed 100% with this.

Shane

What can you say about these in comparison with stock ones?

I seem to remember several years ago, many were recommending the bilsteins, which were non-adjustable. It seems like there wasn't a good quality replacement for us to keep the adjustable ride?

Are these better quality than what I probabbly read about several years ago?

Any shock historians here???

sizemoremk said:
What can you say about these in comparison with stock ones?

I seem to remember several years ago, many were recommending the bilsteins, which were non-adjustable. It seems like there wasn't a good quality replacement for us to keep the adjustable ride?

Are these better quality than what I probabbly read about several years ago?

Any shock historians here???

The Konis are the best shock on the market for our cars, some might even go as far as to say they are the best shock for any car period. They are infinately adjustable for our cars, something that the Bilsteins dont offer. Plus I believe the Konis have a life time guarantee too. That and I thought Bilstein stopped making shocks for our cars. Only thing I dont really like about the Konis is that the front shocks are inserts and not direct replacements.

Shane

quick35th said:
The Konis are the best shock on the market for our cars, some might even go as far as to say they are the best shock for any car period. They are infinately adjustable for our cars, something that the Bilsteins dont offer. Plus I believe the Konis have a life time guarantee too. That and I thought Bilstein stopped making shocks for our cars. Only thing I dont really like about the Konis is that the front shocks are inserts and not direct replacements.

Shane

So are they compatible with the ride control, or are they independantly adjustable?

And
the front shocks are inserts and not direct replacements.

What does that mean??? i don' follow?

Thanks!

Back