Interest in 17x9 SC style wheels?

Grims95SC

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42786
Seems I'm not the only one who would like to have the stock SC style wheel in 17x9 so you can have a little more wheel showing and a lot more rubber. Would anybody be interested? Also since this is more of a dream of mine and I don't know all the info, does anybody know costs and a shop who could do this?

Weldcraft Wheels can widen alloy wheels. So that's a possibility if you will accept wider 16" wheels. Lots of the Mercury Marauder guys have been getting this done with their OE 18 x 8" wheels.

Unless you're going to throw a ton of money at a wheel manufacturer, I doubt that you would get one of them to make 17" wheels in the SC style. Especially when you may only get orders for 50 sets or less. It's about volume, and cost of setup and manufacturing. If they can design something, and then make and sell thousands of them, it could be worth it. Bear in mind that they would have to make prototypes, and test them out to make sure that they are roadworthy. They can't just take all of the dimensions of the stock SC wheel, expand them to 17 x 9, and assume that it's still safe to use.

cheers
Ed N.

Ed,
Just woundering if you know of anyone that has had this done I would like to talk to someone first hand about how they like them.

Re: ...

I was gonna get two of the 93-95 SC wheels widen to 8.5" and polished all four early this year....... but I decided to get the Show Chromed 17x9 Cobra R instead. :)

Back