Its Alive!!!!!!!

90XR7Cougar5spd

Finally got my Cougar running RIGHT tonight. After going through the whole ordeal of it frying coil packs left and right, i found the wire that was grounding out, ok got that fixed, still didnt want to start. Hooked up a fuel pressure gauge to it, everytime the car tried to fire, the gauge would get lower and lower, well i figured the fuel pump was on its way out, and i left it at that. Well i was over at a buddies house drinking, and he showed me a cam out of a VW bettle, it only had 4 lobes on it for a four cylinder. I asked him how the hell that worked out, and he told me the saying, KISS, Keep It Simple Stupid. Then he told me how it worked an yada bla. I was sitting here a few hours a ago and i was thinking about the KISS theory. I thought well i KNOW its not the fuel filter but ill go check it out, got it out and i couldnt hardly blow through it. So i go down to walmart (Only place open after 9:00 in this town) and naturally, they didnt have a listing for a fuel filter for AND T-bird or Cougar, so i start opening boxes and looking at then and i finally found one that would work. I get home and put it one, and at first it didnt want to fire up, i hooked up the good ol gauge to it and i noticed i didnt see it dipping any on me. Bout that time VROOM, it fired up and ran and idled beautifully. Little motor sounded pretty mean, i was shocked. Now ive only got a few things left before i can drive it again. Everyone, remember the KISS theory, it may save you money someday.

Derek

90XR7Cougar5spd said:
Finally got my Cougar running RIGHT tonight. After going through the whole ordeal of it frying coil packs left and right, i found the wire that was grounding out, ok got that fixed, still didnt want to start. Hooked up a fuel pressure gauge to it, everytime the car tried to fire, the gauge would get lower and lower, well i figured the fuel pump was on its way out, and i left it at that. Well i was over at a buddies house drinking, and he showed me a cam out of a VW bettle, it only had 4 lobes on it for a four cylinder. I asked him how the hell that worked out, and he told me the saying, KISS, Keep It Simple Stupid. Then he told me how it worked an yada bla. I was sitting here a few hours a ago and i was thinking about the KISS theory. I thought well i KNOW its not the fuel filter but ill go check it out, got it out and i couldnt hardly blow through it. So i go down to walmart (Only place open after 9:00 in this town) and naturally, they didnt have a listing for a fuel filter for AND T-bird or Cougar, so i start opening boxes and looking at then and i finally found one that would work. I get home and put it one, and at first it didnt want to fire up, i hooked up the good ol gauge to it and i noticed i didnt see it dipping any on me. Bout that time VROOM, it fired up and ran and idled beautifully. Little motor sounded pretty mean, i was shocked. Now ive only got a few things left before i can drive it again. Everyone, remember the KISS theory, it may save you money someday.

Derek
Good moral to the story lol

Its great to hear your car start up after not running for a while....

Grims95SC said:
Wooo! Good news. Try not to speed too much after not being able to drive it for so long.

Yeah I just got back in mine after several months, and I'm lucky I ddin;t get a ticket that first week or so.

I got it out of my system for awhile now :eek:

I dont have the interior back together yet, havent really had the time. I have to move the car down to the farm at my dads house, apparently, one of the days i took the cover off to work on it, they walked in my back yard and looked at my tag, there isnt really any other way they could have seen it. I am awaiting a reply about a clutch line, then i will be dropping the tranny at the farm and putting in a new slave cylinder and the new clutch line. Then are i get it to where you can drive it, its going to one of my buddies shops here in town and we are going to strip it down and repaint it. So, soon my car will be 100% good as new. THEN i am going to tag and insure it, makes more since to me, insure and tag something you can actually drive. But i am happier now, becase EVERYTIME, i can go out there and it turns over maybe once and fires right up every time..

Derek

Who are "they" and how are your trespassing laws in the area?

Can you shoot them?

I assume you have a 12 guage, in case they tresspass again, right :confused:

sizemoremk said:
Who are "they" and how are your trespassing laws in the area?

Can you shoot them?

I assume you have a 12 guage, in case they tresspass again, right :confused:

"they" are the police. and "they" are going through a gate in my back yard, thats what im assuming, but then again, its kinda bad to assume, then i could make an a$$ outta u and me. Heh. And of course, i have a 12 guage, along with a 20 gauge, and a few other various guns. I grew up in the country, gotta remember that, im the type of person that shoots first and asks questions later........

90XR7Cougar5spd said:
"they" are the police. and "they" are going through a gate in my back yard, thats what im assuming, but then again, its kinda bad to assume, then i could make an a$$ outta u and me. Heh. And of course, i have a 12 guage, along with a 20 gauge, and a few other various guns. I grew up in the country, gotta remember that, im the type of person that shoots first and asks questions later........

Why would you want to ask questions?

When in doubt: Empty the Magazine ;)

This kind of BS fires me up! How would they know whats in your back yard??? We disussed this already, so I'll shut up this time.

If I was you, I'd move and make sure these ****holes didn't get another dime of my tax money.

sizemoremk said:
Why would you want to ask questions?

When in doubt: Empty the Magazine ;)

This kind of BS fires me up! How would they know whats in your back yard??? We disussed this already, so I'll shut up this time.

If I was you, I'd move and make sure these ****holes didn't get another dime of my tax money.

Eh, im a devious little bastard, ill get them back one way or another........

I'd say its time to wadge war on your neibor that is calling the cops on you. Flaming bags of dog poo ought to do the trick or maybe you should just give them the bird next time you see them. I would not be able to take that bs from my own neibors for one second. Anyways, I am glad your car is all fixed and running. Get it tagged and insured and park it right infront of your neibors place someday just to piss them off :D.

Shane

Back