How Much Is My SC Worth?

FastBird91

I have a super nice and clean SC with a blown head gasket. Yesturday i was driving home and it blew out on me. This SC is a 91' auto., tan interior half leather half cloth (super clean) new 245/50/16 tires, after market "American Racing" rims, fresh rebuilt transmission with 2200 stall and shift kit, exuast, new "Pioneer" cd player, new front/rear top of the line brakes with all new brake calipers.... nothing wrong with it besides this head gasket. Its got about 160,000 miles and i got it from the original owner about 2 years ago who was a man in his 50's who never smoked in it and did ALL schedueled mantenance and i have all receipts. And the car is a super hot white its very deep and bright. I was thinking about putting it up on "Ebay" to sell it. How much do you guys think it worth?
Thanks

Like anything it's only worth what you can get out of it. There's always KBB.com if you want fair market value. One day these supercoupes are gonna be quite the collectors item...for now they are cheap used cars when they are broken.
Alan

If it's in super nice shape...I think someone would pay up to $1500 for it. But not on Ebay. You'de be lucky to get $500 on Ebay. Probably up to a grand on this site. I know your style interior typically holds up the nicest over the years....and if it's really clean that might help as a selling point. Most SC's your age with that kind of mileage have pretty crappy interior.

Micah

P.S. Despite what some say...these cars will never be a collectors item. Just look at the '84 SV0 Mustangs. You'll see CLEAN, low mileage (40K miles) SVO's going for maybe $5000. A fraction of it's cost new. And when the day comes where cars of this era start booming in value again.....the money will go back to the clean Stangs.

Last edited:
FastBird91 said:
I have a super nice and clean SC with a blown head gasket. Yesturday i was driving home and it blew out on me. This SC is a 91' auto., tan interior half leather half cloth (super clean) new 245/50/16 tires, after market "American Racing" rims, fresh rebuilt transmission with 2200 stall and shift kit, exuast, new "Pioneer" cd player, new front/rear top of the line brakes with all new brake calipers.... nothing wrong with it besides this head gasket. Its got about 160,000 miles and i got it from the original owner about 2 years ago who was a man in his 50's who never smoked in it and did ALL schedueled mantenance and i have all receipts. And the car is a super hot white its very deep and bright. I was thinking about putting it up on "Ebay" to sell it. How much do you guys think it worth?
Thanks
If you can do the work your self, it'll cost about $500.00 to get 'er going again.

Exactly! Don't you love her? Fix it up and enjoy! If you are not happy or pissed off at her, fix her up and park it. wait till you want to drive it again and say Thank you to me! ;)

One thing you can count on is how much i really do like these cars especially my SC. I had full intentions on making it a keeper because of how clean it is. Thats why i have about $1000 in exuast, $1300 in a transmission and on and on and on. Again it is very clean but its a auto...and i want a stick. I may put it on Ebay with a reserve, i am confident with a whole lot of pictures and details about the condition of the car i can get a decent sum of money. If anyone maybe interestd i can send pics.
thanks again

Well, I would be interested ... but California and Philadelphia are worlds apart. That's a long tow. :)

I have decided to sell the bird afterall. If anyone may be interested make me an offer. I can send you pics. or i may just post them here. If anyone is possibly interested and wants pics i am sure you will definetely not be dissapointed with this car. It is the cleanest SC i have ever seen. It ran flawlessy before the head gasket blew out too. I have alot of time and money in this car...im simply un interested to go through the effort to fix it. Going off of what i remember on my original post...the car also has new front and rear brake calipers with carbon metallic pads in front pads and semi metallic rear pads, 10% overdrive pulley, new d.i.s. module, new m.a.f. sensor, new Detachable Pioneer stereo deck, new tires, clear corner lights, new headlight lenses (olds were turning yellow), v.m.m. (works flawlessly), perfect interior, rebuilt front end, new power steering pump and pressure hose, alternator new core on radiator ($175) yea i know i paid to much...new battery, the body is super straight with awesome deep gleaming white paint, very unique american racing wheels, $800 in exuast work, fresh trans rebuild with shift kit and 2200 stall converter....and probably more. All the items i have mentioned i have receipts for. I have owned the car for 2 years and the previous owner (who was the original owner) took this thing to the dealer for all proper mantenance I have all his receipts to which add up to around $6000 just on his mantenance. I cant say enough about this car. It was never abused and i work maybe less then 1 mile from home. I and the car is in so. California if anyone is interested. Also the head gasket and not blown very bad, the car misses lightly and smoothes right out when some throttle is pressed. If any additional question e-mail me at allnines@msn.com or call my cell at 909-215-9537. thanks Bill

Last edited:
If it's that clean and you have that much invested, why not fix it and drive it? Certainly the blown head gasket was not a surprise to you or something you didn't know was likely to occur....no, make that SURE to occur, just a matter of when. The problem is you are not going to get anything close to what it SHOULD be worth. I just sold my SUPER CLEAN 90 SC that did NOT have a blown head gasket or any problems...it was really nice but had 140k on it... finally settled for $2600 because my new car was already here. Sad part about that is the people that bought it don't have the slightest clue what a SuperCoupe is.... it looked sleek and it was red, that's what mattered!

Well, problem is that i dont have the room or the money to fix it. I would still make an exception if it was a 5 speed. No matter what all i do more to it, i would always think that a 5 speed would make me happier. I knew what a SC was when i was in the market to buy one but i didnt know just how unique they really are and didnt know how much i would really like the car. I wasnt thinking that i would want to keep the car forever, at any rate i will certainly get another SC a.s.a.p..
It bothers me for some reason when people like SC but just dont know what they really are. Like the guy who bought your red one....They liked it because it looked sleek. Makes me think the cars should just be worth more then they actually are.
Bill

Back