I just saved $1200.00 on my insurance by switching to...

Hock

not Geico.

I will be switching next Monday, and wow :eek: is it ever gonna save me some money.

So, as soon as I get my SC on the road, with all the money I'll be saving from this, I'll be able to afford driving it. :D

Yeah, insurance is entertaining to me. All the people with all the stories. ONLY WHEN IT COMES INSURANCE, I love being older, married, homeowner and multiple car owner. It costs me 128/mo full coverage with 50/100/50 insurance (I've been told it's the 2nd level out of 3 levels) with a 500 deductible. Specifically, 53 bucks a month for the SC. I don't think I've ever paid more than 70/month for the same coverage ever since 97.

My insurance is killing me right now since I am under 21 (21 in December) and I drive an SUV. Its like $240/month for full coverage on my Expedition :eek: As soon as I turn 21 it drops down to $155/month for full coverage.

Shane

whos the company??
I just changed my 96 lx over to storage insurance, fire/theft but before that i had full coverage @ 63.00 a month, 50/100/50 and 500 deductible. single male not married and not a homeowner.

VicRattlehead said:
single male not married and not a homeowner.
It does not matter if your married or single anymore. My insurance company quit giving me the "Married rate" since I was a single father with a little one at home. They decided me paying more to them was better than giving me a "discount". :p
If your a homeowner that doesn't help either unless you have a "multiple policy". :rolleyes:
Now for the insurance know-it-all's.....

BobGPz said:
It does not matter if your married or single anymore. .

it matters with my company. multi car/policy discounts good grade discounts, 25+ discount, you need a new company.

Met-Life with Homeowners, Life, Supplemental Health and 100/300/100 auto with $250 Deductible, full glass and agreed-value coverage on both SCs-$78 per month ;)

If you are or were in the Military I have 4 letters for you USAA....With 3 cars, my home (which has a pool) and a $250 Deductable...only $1,300 a year. But yes, as far as getting "discounts" it does depend on what state you live in and what company you go with.

$1,100.00 / year from Travelers on 2 cars....

Can't remember the deductable, but I think it is $250

I have 6 houses insured with Travelers, so they cut me a pretty good deal.... :D

doug93sc said:
If you are or were in the Military I have 4 letters for you USAA....With 3 cars, my home (which has a pool) and a $250 Deductable...only $1,300 a year. But yes, as far as getting "discounts" it does depend on what state you live in and what company you go with.

Uh, Doug, thats the insurance company that I'm currently with and they are hitting me up for just over $2200.00 every 6 months for full coverage on my wifes 04 Alero and just liability for my SC and Toyota. On top of that they fluxuate (sorry) the payment every month so it makes it hard to deal with from month to month.

Right now if I stay with USAA, my next payment will be $395, but when I added my Toyota they to me that is was to be $370. So all they are doing to me is screwing me around with the amount of the payment.

Starting Monday I will be insured through an agent and my monthly insurance payment will be only $151.00 a month and the total policy is $1006.00.

Now I will say that USAA is the way to go if your CURRENTdriving record is good. They do look back three years for traffic violations and accidents and five years for license suspensions, all of which they found on my record. USAA did give me good rates till I got my wife on the policy. They were charging me more for her in the Alero, which by the way is a 4 door with a 4 cyl, then they did for the 96 Mustang GT that I gave her. Their claims dept. did do me well and the settlements where more than what I thought they would be.

I'm not trying to bash USAA, I'm letting you know how disappointed I am with the way they do MOST of their business, and the best advice that I can give to anybody is to shop around, talk to insurance agents, and never take the first offer without seeing others.

Metlife does give agreed-value coverage-but you have to have an appraisal done and on record-same as with most collector-car insurance companies.

It's finally paying off to be older. No wrecks and tickets really helps, too. I don't carry collision on either car anymore but still have everything else with a $250 deductible. Farm Bureau Ins, $148 each every 6 months.

Gettin' old is Cool (sort of)

Mike Puckett said:
It's finally paying off to be older. No wrecks and tickets really helps, too. I don't carry collision on either car anymore but still have everything else with a $250 deductible. Farm Bureau Ins, $148 each every 6 months.

I'm with you! I don't have any bad marks on my record either; that's a big help. I pay diddly-squat for my 2 '89 SC's, a '90 XR7, an '01 Ram, and a Yamaha Virago. I'm with Progressive, and they have VOLUNTARILY lowered my rate bi-annually for the last two years.

And I'm not even THAT old...

JD

Hock said:
Uh, Doug, thats the insurance company that I'm currently with and they are hitting me up for just over $2200.00 every 6 months for full coverage on my wifes 04 Alero and just liability for my SC and Toyota. On top of that they fluxuate (sorry) the payment every month so it makes it hard to deal with from month to month.

Right now if I stay with USAA, my next payment will be $395, but when I added my Toyota they to me that is was to be $370. So all they are doing to me is screwing me around with the amount of the payment.

Starting Monday I will be insured through an agent and my monthly insurance payment will be only $151.00 a month and the total policy is $1006.00.

Now I will say that USAA is the way to go if your CURRENTdriving record is good. They do look back three years for traffic violations and accidents and five years for license suspensions, all of which they found on my record. USAA did give me good rates till I got my wife on the policy. They were charging me more for her in the Alero, which by the way is a 4 door with a 4 cyl, then they did for the 96 Mustang GT that I gave her. Their claims dept. did do me well and the settlements where more than what I thought they would be.

I'm not trying to bash USAA, I'm letting you know how disappointed I am with the way they do MOST of their business, and the best advice that I can give to anybody is to shop around, talk to insurance agents, and never take the first offer without seeing others.

I know they are critical of your driveing record so I can understand the higher premiums... I agree that you HAVE to shop around for insurance.

Back