Return plenum adapter for FMIC???

CMac89

Is there a piece somebody makes to connect the return pipe for a FMIC setup to the return plenum?

If not what is usually done?

I beleive Magnum Powers machines theirs out of aluminum. Might try a muffler shop for flange adapter.

I bought a MP FMIC that was suppose to be brand new ,and never
out of the box.Well when I receive the MP FMIC ,it had some parts
missing. One of the parts missing was the return plenum addapter.

So I modified my plenum buy welding a 3'' od aluminum tube on the end
of my plenum.I cut the stock plenum flange off first.I also cut the plenum
down the middle and widened it.It flow a lot nicer now.I beleive the
MP FMIC addapter is to small a inside diametter anyway to flow enough
air for a modified motor..

Randy

Last edited:
Randy, while the MP adapter is just 2.5 inch, it seems to flow enough for 350RWHP on M90 SC's. So i don't that that alone is the only choking point for these motors.

I wasn't thrilled to go from 2.75 inch tubing down to 2.5 inch, but the piece is super nice. For the record, Charles sold me the adapter seperately, but I had to jump through a lot of hoops to get it and it cost like $60. If you are nice and patient with him he would probably help a few others out.

Micah

Micah

I went with a plenum mod because this was cheapest way for me to
mount and use the MP FMIC I purchased.

I talked to Charles back during my purchase of my MP FMIC system.
He said that he would sell me an adapter.Charles plenum to Ic tube
adapter is a nice peice for $60.00.

I would much rather have your style FMIC.It would be easer to plumb,
plus your plumbing looks nice and would be easier to work on the car.

As far as air choking points or parts. I have a MP 3/4 raised top. I think
this part is still to small and a chokeing point.

I am not tring to say my manifold/plenum parts are the tits for everyone.
But I am proud that I seen a 280+ dyno pull with a stock motor using
non-locking convertor & with a boost leak..So with a stock locking
covertor & with no boost leak, I could be over 300RWHP.I don't know
if these are good numbers compaired to other stock SCs.But one
thing I am sure of,the larger manifold/plenum works as part of my
parts combo. For a stock motor that I hope will be producing 300+
rwhp with M90 style blower at my next dyno run I hope to do
this month..

Thanks Randy

And I'm sure what you did will be better for flow, but I remember when guys were jumping all over the 85mm TB thinking bigger is better. Meanwhile other guys were well over the 300RWHP level with just 70mm TB's.

Your car is impressive! Considering the AOD, your engine is making more power than mine. Did I hear you say that the car went deeper into the 13's too?

Your MP FMIC may be a pain in the butt to work around, but that intercooler is WAY nicer than what I have. YOu could always hack off the p-side end tank and make an inlet higher up like mine. Then you could do your tubing like mine and still have a way nicer intercooler.

Micah

Micahdogg said:
Damn, and mine is twice the volume of a stocker.

Micah
Whats the size of your IC? This has a 4 inch core, so that's pretty much the reason I got it. :)

My core is 14.5 X 19.5 X 2 = 565.5 cubic inches of volume. The stocker is like 7.75 X 12 X 3 = 279 cubic inches of volume. I really would have preferred a little thicker core than what I've got, but I have huge surface area now and it's smack dab right in front of the car with a huge opening. It really fits just about perfectly if you are willing to ditch your ac condensor.

Put it this way, I didn't cut or drill anything. I just plopped the ic in place it fit snuggly and I bent some brackets up to join the IC to existing mounts in the car.

Micah

31x12x4=1488" :eek: I made a real size cardboard one and fit it up in there good. It's a tight fit, but it will work out good. I found some sweet places to route the piping, so I'm excited.

Mounting

I have almost the same unit in my car and I "flat" mounted it to the ground in front of the bumper. I will take some pics of it to send out to you. What is your email?

Chuck

CMac89 said:
31x12x4=1488" :eek: I made a real size cardboard one and fit it up in there good. It's a tight fit, but it will work out good. I found some sweet places to route the piping, so I'm excited.

Chuck AZ said:
I have almost the same unit in my car and I "flat" mounted it to the ground in front of the bumper. I will take some pics of it to send out to you. What is your email?

Chuck
That would be great!! :) Email is cmac455@yahoo.com

Thank you :)

Intercooler

That is the Same Intercooler Dan SLY used on his FMIC setup

Only difference is his had a 3 inch core thickness

Take a look at his pics He did a really nice job

Conan56 said:
That is the Same Intercooler Dan SLY used on his FMIC setup

Only difference is his had a 3 inch core thickness

Take a look at his pics He did a really nice job
He used the front exit top, so it made it a little easier. This IC is actually 4.4" thick.

I'm gettin all of the parts this week, so I'll do the front mount this weekend, unless a part doesn't show up.

Back