information on Jasper rebuilt M5R2

Digitalchaos

After looking in their online catalog, I noticed Jasper has a rebuilt M5R2 available for these cars. I am wondering if anyone has used these, or has any information about them. Specifically I am wondering how reliable are they, how much they might cost, why they post "TO PREVENT HEAD SET BURN UP WE SUGGEST USING A MULTI-GRADE CE RATED ENGINE OIL INSTEAD OF A.T.F." under the update section for this transmission on their webcite(is it a problem specific to the Jasper rebuild), and basically anything else useful to know. I am in need of a syncro replacement, but if I find this to be a better alternative at a similar cost, I will opt for it. Thanks in advance for any help...

Know nothing about it.

But unless a hard part has broken in your transmission, I can't think of why you wouldn't just pull your trasmission and have it rebuilt. Other than down time, I'm sure you could have it rebuilt for less than a complete rebuilt tranny.

Unfortunatly, the M5R2 transmission is not exactly a swiss clock.

Jasper is good

Jasper is actually really good alternatives to rebuild...The trans will you run you roughly 600-800 US dollars and They do come with a warrenty. My buddy owns an auto shop and they only use Jasper engines and transmissions, they never rebuild because of the liability and have had no problems with it.

Back