PDA

View Full Version : need part for a 94

pipecraze
11-04-2005, 06:25 PM
Anybody on LI have a 94-5 style hood. I may also need the headlight housing.

Thanks

nanatothesixth
11-04-2005, 09:21 PM
where are you located?

pipecraze
11-07-2005, 06:23 PM
Nassau County Long Island

where are you located?

HappyHourHero
01-13-2006, 07:39 PM
sean...hey man its been a while, off subject but do you now own a 94/95 bird? or do you still have the 89? why dont you go for the 96/97 style hood/headlights? there is a 96/97 hood on ebay that is up at $61. shipping would suck though, i just got a hood in november and i think the hood was around that price and with shipping it cost about $210. here is the link http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1997-1996-THUNDERBIRD-THUNDER-BIRD-HOOD-94-95_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6763QQitemZ802968838 3QQrdZ1.
-chris

Ira R.
01-13-2006, 09:12 PM
It's a shame though that you have to swap out the headlights if you change the hood though.

Ira

HappyHourHero
01-13-2006, 10:13 PM
na, its not a shame, its the best part! (of course if you have few hundered dollars for the headlights and panel :confused: ...)

pipecraze
01-14-2006, 04:29 AM
Hey Chris!

I bought a 94 from somone on the group here. I still have the white 89. It's currently being totally striped down. (The 89 is a total rust bucket!) Engine and 5spd are out. I'm in the process of searching around for someone on LI to rebuild both to be put in my 94! Know of anyone?

I hope you get your car fixed soon. How's it coming along?
Sean

HappyHourHero
01-14-2006, 07:39 PM
sounds like good plan! unforntunatly i do not know anyone to rebuild your engine/tranny, but someone here might know. how is the 94? and what happened that you need a new hood? according to car-parts.com there are 2 95 hoods in a junk yard in deer park, they didn't list a price though.

anyway my car still sits on the side of the house, i kinda still need to start fixing it, lol. its almost been 2 years! i have a hood and a bumper cover already. i still need to pull out and straighten the front and weld on a new metal bumper assy. after that i'll get into the engine a little, replacing some things as well as the clutch too. the car still runs fine, although the old disgusting gas isn't helping. i want to have it back on the road by the beginning of the summer.

good luck with your car(s)! i'll keep a lookout for you...

pipecraze
01-14-2006, 10:33 PM
Here's what happened to the 94... I bumped into somone who stopped short on the Meadowbrook. I've since fixed it. For 300 bucks at a junk yard in Deer Park I got a new header panel and a black hood! I did consider doing the 96-7 hood/headlight swap but decided against it.

pipecraze
01-14-2006, 11:08 PM
Chris

If you need anything from my white 89 let me know. It has a 1 year old radiator in good shape bought from radiator express. The first picture was taken just before I brought it to its final resting place on my moms driveway. It looks ok on the outside but the rot under the car isn't even funny! The other pictures are of it being striped down. Let me know if you see anything you need.

Sean

HappyHourHero
01-15-2006, 12:04 AM
yea man, that rot isn't even funny! that works out pretty good that you got a black hood for your car. i might be driving around this summer with a blue hood, a green bumper and custom primer color camelflauge on a white car lol.

i might actually be interested in a few parts if i can find time to go get them from you, i'll send a pm.

*wow i didn't even notice you started this thread over 2 months ago, i guess i haven't been here in a while...