Mmmmm new exhaust

gspacerant

Just got back from getting new exhaust on my SC...

Dual 2.25" pipe from the manifold into a dual 2.25"/single 3" magnaflow resonator, then a 3" single section that splits back into dual 2.5" pipes and 2.5" dynomax super turbo mufflers. No cats, follows the stock exhaust path and everything.

Just wanted to make this in case anyone is looking for exhaust suggestions, it sounds GREAT. Very quiet at idle, and never really gets all too loud, it just rumbles nicely. No drone at all, and no popping even when idling down in gear from 5000 rpm. Get on the gas a bit and you just hear some pleasant rumbling and lots of good ol' boost...

I'll try to find someone with a digital camera that can capture sound soon so i can post a sound clip, but it is excellent, and if anyone is in west Michigan, Jay's Quality Muffler and Brake Shop does EXCELLENT work
8798 Peck Rd.
Greenville, MI 48838
(616) 225-9506

SC Exhaust System

Sounds like it came out really nice!
Been dying to get this done on my SC!

A few questions:
Did you buy a cat-back DynoMax kit where it comes with all the tubing,
or was it all custom-made/custom-bent?

What was your total cost for the whole system?
Parts/Labor/everything?
How long did it take to have installed?

What did you do for the very end? Turned down tips off the mufflers?
Straight back through the rear air dam? Visible from rear or not?
People finish off the tips in various ways, just wondering what you liked the best........
Thanks for the reply! -Dave '95 SCAuto -"95pearlbird"-

95pearlbird said:
Sounds like it came out really nice!
Been dying to get this done on my SC!

A few questions:
Did you buy a cat-back DynoMax kit where it comes with all the tubing,
or was it all custom-made/custom-bent?

What was your total cost for the whole system?
Parts/Labor/everything?
How long did it take to have installed?

What did you do for the very end? Turned down tips off the mufflers?
Straight back through the rear air dam? Visible from rear or not?
People finish off the tips in various ways, just wondering what you liked the best........
Thanks for the reply! -Dave '95 SCAuto -"95pearlbird"-

Nah, I didn't pick up a cat-back kit or anything, I ordered the parts (2 mufflers, resonator, and collector) from Jeg's for $210, then took it to Jay's and they took care of all the rest (whole system is aluminized) from the manifolds back. The tubes/labor cost me $320. So total cost of the system was $530

Took it in this morning at 8am, and they were done with it about 12:30 (went in previously to get an estimate and so he knew what he would be dealing with). As for the end, it is just some turn downs they bent up that are slightly visible from the rear of the car. As previously stated, they used the stock hangar locations, and also added a few to hold the system a bit better, i think they added 3 extra hangars (2 more in the back before the mufflers, and then another in the single section).

Hopefully ill be able to borrow a camera tomorrow and get some pics of it taken...

hmm, d'oh, no digital camera, i'll see if i can get one from work to take pictures/sound, otherwise it might be til I can afford a new camera or get back to school in january to get these... Sorry for the delay, but ill follow up on this as soon as i can...

Back