Random Stall Out

Toms-SC

So my car has developed a problem of stalling out randomly during deceleration (slowing down). It will stall during:
a) Low speeds
b) AOD gear one, during down shift
c) Deceleration
Case example: Coming to the stop and the gear one down shift happens. The RPM's will shoot down and the car will stall out. It can be in a straight line or going around a corner (scary). This problem will happen randomly, not every time I am coming to a stop.

Please advise

Iac?

Toms-SC said:
So my car has developed a problem of stalling out randomly during deceleration (slowing down). It will stall during:
a) Low speeds
b) AOD gear one, during down shift
c) Deceleration
Case example: Coming to the stop and the gear one down shift happens. The RPM's will shoot down and the car will stall out. It can be in a straight line or going around a corner (scary). This problem will happen randomly, not every time I am coming to a stop.

Please advise
Sounds like an IAC valve. Unplug it while it is running. If the car dies than the IAC is good. If it does nothing, then replace the IAC and it should fix your stalling problem. That is the basic function of the IAC is to control idle speed, like when the A/C compressor comes on and goes off.

Smitty

Back