Did Ford ever make a SC trunk spoiler ?

Yenko

I recently bought a 35th with 3 piece trunk spoiler in the trunk and the 3m tape marks on the car.I was looking at the paper work in the glove box and it looks like it was put on at the dealer before the original owner ever took delivery according to the paper work.The main piece goes across the trunk and the other two are on the quarters that point forward. Just wondering if this was special over the counter or aftermarket.Thanks

I've been told that Ford never put spoilers on SC's. They were sometimes put on as a dealer option, but never from the factory.

To add a bit more info ... the Ford Accessories program spoilers were one piece only. Similar to the optional 96 - 97 4.6L Sport pkg. spoiler.

The 3-piece unit may for a Lumina (?). Some people in the club have that style of spoiler, maybe they will chime in to tell us the exact origin.

cheers
Ed N.

It does say Thunderbird on the back so im sure it's not a Lumina part.It must be aftermarket.Thanks guys

Yenko said:
Is it one piece just on the trunk lid or 3 pieces extending onto the quarters?

Should be three pieces extending to the quarters. Those were popular dealer installs. Still they were aftermarket pieces.
dalke21.jpg

Last edited:
Not a very good pic, but does it look like this one? I think this one is one piece though.

Attachments

• e0_1.jpg
    e0_1.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 135

Attachments

• 0a_1.jpg
    0a_1.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
RadiumSC said:
Those wheels looks good white. Reminds me of the Mustangs that had the color matching 5 spoke wheels.

thanx, the guy b4 me had them powder coated, as you can tell some of it chipped off so i need to do it again but they are very unique and i like em,

Not to thread jack or anything but there is a link in my profile w/more pics of it

Anyways, on to spoilers!

latas
shane

Back