wake up call

nickleman60

coming back from the farmfresh tonite i got introduced to a 2000 something mustang.i was sitting at a red light waiting for green when he pulled up next to me.he revved up his motor and my daughter who was with me asked what's he doing.i said he wants to run.i knew i was a big underdog but o well,i wanted to see how i could do.we took off at green and i was behind from the start.he pulled away from me pretty good and i knew it was over almost before it started.my daughter asked me do i do this all the time and i said no.it's the truth but since i put the gears in i just feel like having some fun.but one thing is for sure,i'm gonna get some more hp sooner or later.

.....don't ya' just love it when that happens.....that's ok your time will come or you can come get my car and go looking for him.. LOL....it was good to see all you guys yesterday...
z

Yeah Rick, you shouldn't leave so early all the time. We often go out to dinner afterwards. Last night we all went to Hooters over here on Battlefield.

Hang in there Keith, it happens to the best of us. I got my butt handed to me in the Mach 1 one morning by an Acura!

Man, I feel like I've been 'out of the circle' for so long. :(

Well, like I told Keith, my brother and I dropped my transmission Saturday in about 3 hours and that was with a coffee break. Granted, for such a big job it was one of the smoothest, easiest things I've ever done to my car. :) It came out with no problems. I unbolted the differential and let it hang on the axleshafts and then pulled the driveshaft back and out of the tranny. That was 1000 times easier than trying to drop the gas tank!

I do have to say thank you to the person that invented my new 6000 lbs hydraulic jack and the inventor of the tranny pan drainplug. :D They made life alot easier Saturday.

I was going to put the new tranny in today but my brother had a busy shift lastnight with little sleep, so I let him catch up on it today. Friday should be the day though.
-----------------------------------

Keith, how does the new gear feel? 'Seat of the pants' difference?

Later,
Anthony

Back