93 Tail light

SuperFly Flynn

Uh...yeah so one works the other dosnt...do I have to buy a new one? I took it off and the side light works fine, but the light that has the thunderbird logo on it dosnt glow at all. The bulb is fine checked it and took it apart looks like I need a new one cause I couldn't take it apart any further. So how much will this cost me? :confused:

The center section with the bird emblem on it has a whole bunch of LEDs in it. You cant really replace LEDs simply so you are going to be looking for a new one.

Shane

quick35th said:
The center section with the bird emblem on it has a whole bunch of LEDs in it. You cant really replace LEDs simply so you are going to be looking for a new one.

Shane

Not true. ...No offense, Shane.

I agree it's not exactly 'simple', but you can replace just the burnt out LED's. If you do a search on these forums, I believe you may find a reference to a tech article put together by Paul M. of the SCCoO (Paul93SC), wherein he gives instructions on how to remove just the array of LED's from the housing, and how you can replace single LED's if you have replacements. Now, as far as I know, no one has been able to buy replacement LED's brand new from anywhere. However, you could harvest good LED's from broken taillight housings, or from the LX style housings on the later cars that had the black strip at the bottom.

Email me if you fail to find anything in your search. I could try to get a copy sent to you directly from Paul.

Best regards,

Sean

Back some years ago, there was somebody replacing all the LED's at once with some compatibles from Radio Shack. They had to do both sides, because the new LED's were brighter. I never got around to tearing apart the old cracked 93 tail that I had and we threw it out when we moved.....

check the wire where it connects to lights mine was loose all I did was drill hole in back of light and solder it back then used a rubber plug from a radio to fill hole i drilled was easy most times its not a burned led but a loose wire

Back