xenon front air dam

Mounting Xenon

lowflying90 said:
how do you go about attaching it to your front bumper?

bolts? screws? double sided tape?

thanks,
jeff
Jeff,
Recently installed one on my daughters 95, so it should be the same. It calls for double sided 3M tape on the top and around the front air dam, then screws secure it to the wheel well openings.
Make very sure you have it super clean with some solvent from a body shop before you install the tape onto the air dam and clean off the bumper cover just as well. There is a special cleaner/degreaser used to clean both mounting surfaces. I also used screws through the air opening up into the original bumper cover to secure the front tight up against the old cover.

Make sure you have someone to help, and that it is positioned exactly where you want it because that tape will not hold if you have to reposition it. You will have to start all over if it gets pulled off to put it in the right position.

Any other question let me know, I can send pics of the screws and stuff if you need.

Smitty

Quik95SC said:
Jeff,
Recently installed one on my daughters 95, so it should be the same. It calls for double sided 3M tape on the top and around the front air dam, then screws secure it to the wheel well openings.
Make very sure you have it super clean with some solvent from a body shop before you install the tape onto the air dam and clean off the bumper cover just as well. There is a special cleaner/degreaser used to clean both mounting surfaces. I also used screws through the air opening up into the original bumper cover to secure the front tight up against the old cover.

Make sure you have someone to help, and that it is positioned exactly where you want it because that tape will not hold if you have to reposition it. You will have to start all over if it gets pulled off to put it in the right position.

Any other question let me know, I can send pics of the screws and stuff if you need.

Smitty

sure, send me some pics. do the screws and stuff come with the spoiler?

jmpsu2@yahoo.com

jeff

Some Screws

lowflying90 said:
sure, send me some pics. do the screws and stuff come with the spoiler?

jmpsu2@yahoo.com

jeff
The kit came with enough tape and some screws to secure it to the wheel wells, but I added 2 more in the grill opening like I mention before. They are very hard to see unless you are looking up from the ground and actually looking for them. Will take some pics tonight for ya.

Smitty

Back