Weighed my car tonight......

CMac89

I went up and took my car to a free scale tonight and it read out to be 3800lbs. This scale was wierd though. It was staying at 3700 for a little bit (no way it's that light) and then all of a sudden it goes up to 3800lbs.

Only thing i've done weight wise is spare tire/jack out, and took all of the sun roof stuff out and put plexiglass in it.

I don't know exactly what these cars weigh...What do they?

Blown 91 Bird said:
use the scales you use to scale out your race car with...much more accurate.
I usually go to a certified cat scale, but this scale was just a free scale with digital read out. I'll have to go to a certified truck stop to see if it weighs different.

I only weigh about 175lbs. :)

Bring the hole saw and the plasma cutter and we'll get it lighter than the Nissan. :D

My 35th came in at 3860lbs with full tank of fuel without me in her. Thats with everything still in it. Now its gutted and a little slimmer. I'll have it measured up come spring possibly.

Shane

My cougar weighed in at 4050 with me in it at the shootout. That's 3790 without me :eek: . I'm husky! Nothing in the trunk, between 1/4 and 1/2 tank, no AC, no rear swaybar.

Mine was 4025 at the shootout w/ a bit more than 3/4 of a tank and me (190 lbs) and an empty trunk. I did shed the power passenger which probably shed another 50-60 lbs.

Most SC's weight between 3800-3900 depending on options if they have not been lightened. You can lighten an SC to about 3650 pretty easy.

XR7 Dave said:
Most SC's weight between 3800-3900 depending on options if they have not been lightened. You can lighten an SC to about 3650 pretty easy.
Well, I think there's about 130lbs. in seats counting the fronts and the backs. Racing seats aren't that expensive either. The plastic Jaz seats are only 8lbs. a piece. I took a hole saw to the passenger seat in the race car and got it down to 5lbs. :eek: Swiss cheesed the crap outta it.

XR7inWI said:
My wife's cat has brain damage.

That didn't sound right. Total of 3 :confused:

Back